1.

Before you read on, this book is going under some major editing because I don't where I have taken it and how soft my character has ended up. So if you read one chapter and then the next and some things don't make sense it means I am editing it.

It's all dark around me, but light is in the sky. Darkness is all in my head and I know that this darkness has taken me. I climb up from the chill of the forest floor, it's all trees, dying trees. No flowers, no bushes. No sign of life,

"Winter" I whisper watching the mist of my breath catch the wind.  I try to think but I can remember nothing. The spirits of the land have taken away my memory, all I remember is my name Athena, and my age, 19. I start to make my way through the forest hoping to find civilization somewhere. I jump at the sound of a horse, I quickly hide behind a tree. The sound stretches closer and closer. I see a woman walking along side the horse talking to it. 

"Chestnut why is winter coming so soon?" The horse stops and begins to walk my direction. It rubs it's head on my stomach pushing me into the view of the woman. She looks at me up and down and walks close to me. I lean down and grab a stick pointing it towards the woman feeling treated by the woman's presence.

"Are you okay dear?" She asks with concern, ignoring the fact that I have a stick pointing at her. I shake my head. She steps closer and places her hand on my shoulder,

"What's wrong?, Could I help you?" I nod my head as my body shuts down, and everything goes blank.

I wake up in a warm room with blankets wrapped around me. I hear a door open and jump from the bed,

"It's only me dear" It's the woman from earlier, "My name is Catelyn Stark," She says sitting on the bed. I slump down next to her, "What's your name?" She asks looking kindly at me. 

"Athena" I whisper but loud enough for her to hear, "I don't have a family," I say to her not thinking. She looks at the floor with sorrow. I hear a knock on the door and it is opened to reveal a man with long shoulder length hair,

"I'm sorry to interrupt, Cat we need to talk. Jon can stay with our new friend" Lady Stark gets up and walks to the door,

"I will only be a minute," She says before closing the door but not before the boy walks in looking extremely annoyed. I sit on the bed swinging my legs feeling nervous. I look over at the boy and I feel like I have seen his face somewhere before, he has dark curly hair and dark brown eyes. He looks over at me and smiles, he walks over and sits next to me.

"Jon Snow," He says, 

"Athena," I say looking over to him. We talked for a little while until Catelyn came back and told Snow to leave. I call him Snow because I like that name more than Jon.

Nothing could have prepared me for the weeks to come.