CHAPTER 10: Falling Into Loving Arms

~~~Ivan's POV~~~

How long has it been since I've been kept here? Four? Five years? That sounds about right... About five years away from family, friends and... And Matvey... I miss him so much... He probably wouldn't even recognize me or even remember who I am... Heh... I'm a mess... At least I made one friend here... He's really kind, but pretty loud at times. I like him though.

I'm just drifting around the tank with the nurse sharks in here with me. Their pretty chill and nice. There's a couple stingrays as well that I race every once in awhile. They're pretty fun to be around. Speaking of my friend I thought of earlier; his name's Alistair. He's a Scottish man that is the manager of the aquarium, that is also in Scotland. He saved me from some ignorant employee members that worked at the aquarium a few years back. They tricked me into thinking there was some more meat in the tank with a reflection on the glass and when I charged it to take the bite, I ended up getting my teeth and jaw stuck in the glass. It was excruciatingly painful and very difficult to get out. They continued their assault on me and I could've died that day, if it wasn't for Alistair.

The members got the taser stick and inched it closer and closer to me. I couldn't see it, being stuck in the glass, and I was terrified that it was an electric eel behind me because of the sound it made in the water. They eventually zapped me with it and I could tell by the look in the people's eyes on the other side of the glass, that it was terrifying. I looked like I was having a seizer and I couldn't stop screaming... I scared myself with my reflection, especially my eyes and on the other side of the glass in front of me, two young children that were probably scarred for life. That was a really bad day and I didn't trust humans any longer. They disgusted me when I saw them and when one would try to get in the tank to clean it, I'd chase them out.

About a week after the incident, Alistair started talking to me. He apologized for what those people did to me and he showed me that humans can be kind once again. He also started talking to me, because he needed to fix the glass where my jaw got stuck. That was a pretty funny conversation. Heheh. After all that was settled and done, we became good friends. About two years ago, he tried to find ways to break me out, but he would get in serious trouble if he did that. I told him to leave me be and I'd accept my punishment for what I did. It's not all that bad. I can survive this; I've been through worse. It's just lonely at times. Not for long today though, because Alistair is coming into the tank. He had to clean today and he wanted to talk a little bit, so that made me happy. I hate that he's the only one who can clean the tank because of me, but I don't trust anyone else. I'm glad he understood though.

I swam over to watch him and as he started to clean the glass, I snuck up behind him. When he turned, it was hilarious!

"Ahhh! Great Loch Ness, Ivan! Ya scared the bloody hell out of me! Don't do that again, bloody prick!"

I bust out laughing and just started slowly turning in circles in the water. He placed his hand over his chest and caught his breath. It's always so fun to scare him! I started to stop laughing and he glared at me.

"F**k lad, ya don't do that to someone of me age!"

"You're only in your thirties, Alistair. That's not that old."

"It bloody may well be!"

I chuckled at his reply and he crossed his arms. I laughed again and apologized to him. He accepted it, though he didn't want to at first, and continued to clean the tank. This went on for about an hour then he had to leave to work on some other things. I was left alone once again and had to find something to entertain myself. I found one of the eels and started playing with it. He slithered around my arm and I pet him. I love the way eels feel. Sometimes their skin is slick or it could feel slightly rough. We played for about fifteen minutes before I got tired and needed a nap. I swam over to the little cave I had and curled up for a nice long nap.