Chapter 9

'Need you' the words play over in my head.

I highly doubt he actually means it, but what if there's that sliver of a chance that he does mean it?

His forehead still rests upon mine and his breathing has slowed down within the past minute or two. His eyes lock with mine as I shift my weight a bit.

"I don-" I'm stopped in my tracks as he places his finger on my lips to shush me. Harry lifts his head and leaves a soft kiss on my cheek and slowly removes his hands from my hips, straightening his stance and backs up from me.

Harry's eyes leave mine to glance down at the ground, mine do the same without thinking.

"Well?" My head shoots up at his voice. It's strained and nervous. I study his body, his posture. His large hands seems to be lightly shaking, his eyes blink more than usual, he squeezes his lips together as if he's biting the inside.

"What do you think?" He desperately asks.

I hesitate before I answer, not knowing exactly what to say. "I don't know." That doesn't seem like the right thing, but I honestly don't know what to say or even think.

"You don't know?" He questions.

My eyes lock with his as they have been looking at his body. "I honestly don't know."

"Ariel, don't try and tell me you didn't feel anything." He states, his fists trying not to clench.

I want to tell him the truth but I don't know how.

"I-" my thoughts are interrupted by heavy footsteps down the hall.

Harry steps away from me and walks towards the living room, knowing Niall will want to know what we're talking about.

I can't see, to move so I decide to stay put on the island counter top. Niall sees me right away and a big smile spreads across his face.

"Good morning love." He says. His words don't slur so I imagine the hangover stage must've passed because he slept for so long.

"Good morning." I return the smile as he walks close to me and stands in between my legs, taking me into a hug and burying his face into my chest.

"I missed you when I woke up this morning. I thought you had already left for work." He sighs, still holding me tight.

"I told you last night that I was going to take it off just in case you partied too hard last night." I giggle, realizing that he slept the whole thing off.

"Well, I'm glad you did." He removes his face and stands up to meet me. "Have you already eaten?"

"Actually I have, Valerie came over and took me out to that breakfast place down the street." I flinch at the mention of her. "I could just make you eggs and bacon?"

The smile on his face spreads as he nods like a little child. "That would be awesome."

He leans over and kisses me on the forehead, I giggle and blush as he returns to meet my face.

"I should probably go shower, get the 'party' smell off of me." Niall chuckles and kisses my nose. "Love you."

The words pull at my heart. What's going to happen when he finds out? If he finds out. Is he going to find out?

"Love you Niall." I return the words as he walks back down the hall and into the bathroom, closing and locking it behind him. I hear the water start and I glance down at my feet.

"He's gonna find out, ya know." I hear Harry in the living room. It's like he reads minds or something.

I hop off the counter and make my way to the living room. Harry is laying on the couch, staring out the window. I take a seat on the recliner and pop the bottom up so I can set my feet down.