Chapter 10

19th March 2012

It was nearly two in the afternoon and I was still in bed. While it could have been due to my late night with Isaiah, I was mostly still in bed because I wanted to avoid seeing him.

I felt like I had made things awkward because I had declined his kiss and also because we had gotten really close really fast. I thought we were moving too fast and I didn't want to rush things with him.

I was really trying to avoid him and opened the bedroom door to check if anyone was upstairs with me. When I deemed it safe for me to leave, I ran to the bathroom.

I was in such a hurry, I didn't even check to see if anyone was in the bathroom. Isaiah was in the shower. I mentally cursed myself for not noticing the light was on in the bathroom. I was going to leave but I had been holding in my pee for too long and my bladder felt like it was going to burst if I didn't release soon.

He hadn't noticed me yet and his music was playing so I thought I had a good chance to do my business and get out without being seen.

I tried to close the door silently but that failed miserably as it creaked loudly. I closed my eyes in frustration. I hoped he didn't hear.

"Who's that?" He asked. I stayed still, praying he couldn't see me. He turned the shower off as I didn't respond. I felt him staring at me but I just stared at the door.

"I need to wee." I said after a while. He nodded although I wasn't looking at him. He went back to showering as I used the toilet.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I realised I would have to face him sooner or later so I decided to talk to him while he was in the shower. I wouldn't have to actually see him and that was beneficial for me.

"Sorry about last night." I started.

"Don't worry about it." He replied quickly.

"I'm coming out if you want to turn around." He said. I turned my back to the shower.

"I feel so bad about it Isaiah."

"Why?"

"I don't know, I stopped you and you wanted to. I wanted to. I should have let you but I was just so scared. I don't really know how to kiss and if I did it wrong I wouldn't want you to see me as a kid. I didn't want to disappoint you." I rambled. I realised how long I had been talking and sighed.

"Riah, there's no way you could ever disappoint me. You're not ready to kiss me yet, I get that. Maybe I was moving too fast for you, but it's okay, we can do this at your pace."

"Are you sure?" I turned around. I was not prepared to see him as he was. Standing in just his towel. I felt myself blush as naughty thoughts cascaded to the forefront of my mind.

"I'm positive." He watched me humorously as I tried my hardest to keep eye contact. He could see my struggle and found it amusing. I turned around so I would stop checking him out.

"I should get going." I said. I opened the door and looked to see him place his hand on it, closing it again. He hovered above me and I felt my heart rate accelerating.

"You don't need to be afraid of telling me how you feel. I'd rather you tell me when you're ready and stop me when you're not, instead of us doing things and you be upset about it. I'm not gonna judge you for saying no." He reassured me.

I turned around. "Thank you." I nodded. He smiled.

"Can I get a hug?" His eyes searched my face.

"Sure." I wrapped my arms around his body and he did the same. I sighed as I hugged him. It felt so right being in his arms. He made me feel safe and wanted.