Chapter 1

[Chapter 1]

            I wake up and quickly run downstairs. No dad in sight. The coast is clear. I jog back upstairs and wake up Katie, my 8 year old little sister. As I walk into her room and see her all tucked in her bed, I can't help but smile because she looks like a little angel. As I brush through her light brown hair, she slowly begins to wake up. Her hazel eyes open and she lets out a little yawn. 

            "Good morning Ari.", she quietly mumbles. "Good morning my little angel. Now go get dressed for school and stay in your room. Dad isn't home yet, so you only have a couple of minutes. I'll make you and me a quick breakfast after I change, ok?" "Ok Ari." She smiles and begins to walk to the bathroom.

            I quickly change into a black t-shirt, gray skinny jeans, a black hoodie, and gray Converse shoes. As I pull my hoodie over my red hair, I hear the door open and the sound of glass breaking. Oh no. Trouble.

            "What the hell do you think you're doing?! You clumsy little bitch, clean that fucking mess up before I whoop the living daylights out of you!" My dad is drunk again, and he's yelling at my little sister. I try to run down the stairs as quickly as I can. "Stop! Dad, what are you doing to Katie?! Don't lay a hand on her, I won't let you!" I scream at the top of my lungs. "Shut the hell up, you little slut!" He slaps my cheek and leaves a red mark. I stand in front of Katie to protect her.

            "Katie, go to school. I think you're ready to walk by yourself.", I whisper to her. I could tell she's frightened by all of this, but it's not the first time it's happened. Katie runs out the door and escapes. My dad picks one of the clear, glass cups and starts throwing it at me. I barely ducked that one and I try to escape out the door while my dad starts throwing more stuff at me. Pieces of glass are scattered on the ground. As I try to run out the door, I feel a sharp pain in my left arm. I run outside and head towards school. I heard my dad yell out,"And don't ever come back, you worthless piece of shit!" Phew, atleast that was over.

            My arm was bleeding and blood dripped from it every time I stepped. I run to school as fast as I can and immediately go into the girl's bathroom. I wash off the blood and pull the pieces of glass out of my arm. Then I grab some toilet paper and wrap it around my arm. It's probably not going to hold the blood, but atleast it's something. I grab my backpack and head towards my next class. As I walk out of the girl's bathroom, I bump into someone. He bumps into my cut and it bleeds even more. 

            "Hey, what the hell?! Watch where you're going!", he blurts out in front of every body. Great, they're staring. I try to hide my face as I run to the nurses office. 

             "Oh dear god, what the heck happened to your arm Ariana?!" 

            "It's okay, Nurse Emily. Just a little accident."

            " Well, we're going to have to fix this. Does it still hurt?"

            "It's hurting more every second. Is there anything you can do?" I ask her.

            "Yes, I'll try, but you'll be a little late for class."

            "It's fine." I answered quickly. All I wanted was the bleeding to stop.

            I walk into class and all eyes are on me. I walk to my desk and try to pay attention, but I feel like someone's watching me. Spying on my every move. Just to make sure, I turn around and sure enough, there he was. The guy I bumped into earlier. The Derek Smith. The school's player. And apparently, he's a stalker. 

            I write him a little note and passed it to him.

            Why the hell do you keep staring at me?! It's a little creepy. - Ari

            It's just that your big ass head is in my way. Could you fucking move it? - D

            Everybdy on earth knows that's a lie. The Derek Smith, actually paying attention in class?                     Haha. - Ari

            Why the hell do you have to be so fucking annoying and depressed all the time? -D

            I don't have to answer any of your stupid questions. It's my life and I don't have to tell you                       anything. - Ari

             Because-

            "Ariana Clark and Derek Smith! Passing notes in class, are we? Both of you meet me after class and you both have detention for a whole month. You know the rules around here."

            When class ended, Derek and I stayed after. "Why do we have to stay after class?" Derek mutters under his breath. "Because you guys also have to do communtity service for a whole month, too. Time starts tomorrow morning and you both have to come to schol at 6:00 to pick up trash. Are we clear?" "Yes", we both mutter. "Good you two may go now."

             "It's all your fault. Now I have to go to school at 6 in the morning. Great, just great."

             "You know it's you're fault, too. You just had to get caught!"

            "Well, if you weren't writing notes in the first place, we both wouldn't be in that situation!"

            "Well, if you weren't stalking me, maybe I wouldn't have to write that note!"

            "You know what, screw this. I'm ditching."

            Derek casually walks to the door. "Wait, I wanna ditch, too. I can't take any of this shit right now." "Well, fine then. Just keep your mouth shut." We start walking out into the streets. "Where are we going, anyways?" "Unh, unh, uh. You said you'd be quiet." "Fine then." We keep on walking and I can not believe where we are.