Chapter 1

February 2008
.
.

Jamie
*Politik chorus*

"Yo, drago head, wake up!"
Terra pokes my cheek and shakes my shoulder. I grunt, I don't want to wake up. I got home very late last night, because of work. I work for the British band, Coldplay, as an... Actually I don't really know what to call it, but I manage all the networks, events and instruments of this band or you could just call me their manager. It was quite a busy job, and I came home late almost every night, except weekends, but I love my job! I mean who wouldn't? Working for the best band in the goddamned world is the best job ever!

"Ugh Jamie, wake up!"

Terra slapped me softly, although it hurt my bony arm a lot. I stare down, on the floor for a while before looking at the clock. It's 7:42. Terra tried to wake me up for 12 minutes, no wonder she got so pissed. I walk to the bathroom, and look at myself in the mirror. I looked horrible. Very horrible. Eye bags, oily cheeks, dry lips, tan but pale. I look like a zombie. I should take a day off for a day hibernation, I thought.

I wash my face with the fresh ice-cold water. I brush my teeth, walk out of the bathroom and get dressed properly, I'm off to work at 8:30am.

"Jamie, do you want an egg on your toast?"Terra shouted from the kitchen.

"Um yeah, su-"

"Come here and cook it by yourself it's almost 8!"

I rolled my eyes. Here comes the Sass Queen. "Coming!"

Terra

So this is pretty much how everyday of my life begins.... Waking up to the sound of Politik (Jamie's alarm that she never wakes up to), the sound of her soft snoring and occasional pattering of rain on the window. You could say I'm a lawyer by profession.
I quickly finish my breakfast and begin to leave for work. It was gonna be a long day ahead. Working with new clients may get quite exciting but also hard cause getting to know people is hard as hell.
Jamie had always been my only friend from like forever. Two weirdos giving each other company. I say goodbye to Jamie (who's struggling with her egg) and leave our beautiful little home and turn on my bitch face. Driving to work is definitely one of the most frustrating things about being an earning adult.

FYI I am Brian Eno's lawyer. He's a really nice old man who gets really nosey most of the time. On reaching my office, I was warmly greeted by Brian.

"You're 2 minutes late."

"Oops sorry there was too much traffic even for a person who literally lives 10 mins away from her work." I reply, hoping it was sassy enough.

"Anyway, they've been waiting for us for so long!" Brian says.

I give him a quick little nod and head towards the door that had my immediate future behind it.

"Good morning there!" Said the person with the beautiful-est and the bluest eyes in the whole wide world!

"Good morning Mr. Martin." I say to him, trying to keep my voice as calm as possible.