Chapter 2

Kiera's PoV: 

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring and groaned. It was time to get up and start making breakfast for my evil step mother and my newborn half sister.

I walked over to my wardrobe and picked out my outfit,  which was just basic. Like me. 

It was a pair of black skinny jeans and my favourite white lacy top which I then decided to pair with a pair of black old school vans and my silver necklace. My mother had given me the necklace before she died. It was simple and to my taste, it was a small delicate chain , on it was a silver crescent moon and a turquoise glass bead.  I wore it round my neck everyday without fail.

I then went over to my dusty mirror and sat down in the floor so that I could begin to put on my makeup. I decided tone it down today, so wore basic eyeliner along my waterline and some matte natural eyeshadow. I then curled my eyelashes and put on lashings of my favourite mascara. 

I threw my hair into a short messy bun with some of the shorter layers sticking out. It wasn't perfect but it would do its job and keep my hair out of my face as I went about today's activities. 

I left my room and trudged downstairs into the large kitchen diner , seeing my adorable half sister Izzy in her high chair. 

'Hello Izzy ' I cooed stroking her fine wisps of dark hair, 'how's my favourite little girl?'. She looked up at me with her gorgeous husky blue eyes and gurgled happily. 

Izzy was the only reason that I was staying in this hell hole that I called home. I had to make sure that she was ok and that she didn't starve to death due to my step mum completely forgetting about her or something like that. 

My dad's always away on buisness, so he never sees what that witch does to me. Every day I have to do all of the chores in the house, cook the dinner, look after Izzy and try to go to work, so I can save up the little money I have in order to buy a house when Izzy is old enough that I can leave.

So far I have 3,000 in the bank, not bad for a 17 year old eh? 

'Kiera!' My step mum schreeched , 'stop giggling at the damn baby and bring me my breakfast' .

I sighed and turned on the job, placing in it the porridge oats and milk that was need to make that bland shit she eats. As you can tell , my step mum is a bitch. Every morning she eats the same thing, unsweetened porridge and a handful of raisins. She's always on one of those fancy low sugar diet things , even though she probably weighs less than me. 

Once the porridge was bubbling a way I poured it into a bowl and place it on the table yelling that it was ready. I then grabbed my rucksack off of the stair case and ran out the house so that I could go to work.

I work at a fashion magazine. I'm not an editor or anything fancy like that. Instead I simply work on the photo shoots, dealing with the celebrities requests and bringing them coffee. It is Pretty shit, but the pay is good and that's all that matters.

As I walked though the sliding doors there was a different atmosphere to normal in the studio. 

The floors were perfectly polished and there were cakes all on a delicate stand. Everyone was smiling and people were laughing and joking with one another. It felt like someone important was coming in to do a photo shoot today, but who?