~Chapter Twenty Three~

Sin's POV-

It's been a week since we got back from Solaris, and everything was hectic. There were people everywhere, from training to gathering and sharpening all the weapons. Even small groups were venturing to the other Camps to try and persuade them into fighting along side us against the City.

Me on the other hand... I was getting ready for my own fight. At the moment, I had everything I needed, and all those things were objects I was willingly to lose.

I wrote a short note to everyone, Lachlan in particular. I didn't want to risk any of them following after me, and as chaotic things were right now, I would have to wait until dusk. That's when patrol switched, making slipping by unnoticed easy.

Looking around my barren cabin, I picked up Michael's hunting knife and the note. I sighed and embedded the knife into the wall which kept the note in place. Easy to find when they would come across it. 

I prayed I was doing the right thing. This could possibly lead to more deaths than necessary, and I hope more lives are saved than ones lost. All I needed to focus on now was getting in the Walls and getting my parents out; without getting caught. Maybe the world would work in my favor for once. 

I stayed in the cabin until dusk, no need to rise suspicions before needed. If they don't see me now, the later it would be until they noticed I was gone. 

Emma came in not long after and flopped down on her bed. She muttered something, probably a "goodnight," and was out like a light. I took that as my cue as it was time to head out. 

My katana already strapped to my back, and my daggers sheathed at my sides, I took my leave. Leaving the cabin, I ran to the tree line within the shadows, not risking anything at the moment. Once I was in the trees, I took off, not looking back, and praying to everything I would make it back in one piece and with my parents.

~

Lachlan's POV-

Today, the sun was high in the sky, and there was no sign of Sin whatsoever. It was slightly worrisome because she was usually always the first one up in the Camp.

Maybe she is just out patrolling, I thought to myself. Still, it didn't feel right. 

Sin didn't patrol today, she never patrols unless she absolutely has too, but then again she does like going on hunting sprees after Infected to inflict her rage on something. There has been a lot going on in the past week, maybe she is just stressed out and needed to be alone.

I didn't want to seem too eager to find her, but something about this whole situation seems fishy. I needed to find her to make sure she was all right because I know she isn't looking at this mission too positively; but if she didn't want to be found, she wouldn't be found. We will just have to wait for her to come to us. 

~

It has been all day, the moon highly risen in the star filled sky, and Sin was no where to be found. Not once did she make herself known to anyone, not even Emma. She not only has me worried, but basically everyone else, even little Isabelle. 

This was very unlike Sin. The heavy weight on my shoulders seem to only get heavier throughout the say the longer Sin was unseen. No one knew what to make of this. 

I walked over to her cabin, knowing she wouldn't be there, since Emma said she wasn't even there when she woke up. I skulked in and looked around the room for anything out of place. Nothing looked to be different except for Michael's hunting knife in the wall. There was something hanging from it.

I cautiously walked over to it and plucked the piece of paper from the knife. Sin's heavy writing was sprawled sloppily across the sheet. The more words I read, the angrier I grew.