~Chapter One~

Sin's POV-

Perched high up in a tree, my red ponytail flew in the breeze. My black painted face darted around, looking for a target to take. It was only time before they stumbled across this path. 

I listened to the multiple stomps of feet that finally approached. There were probably about three of them. I needed to let some steam out so didn't lash out at anyone at Camp, and I was making sure these creatures stayed away, too, so it was killing two birds with one stone. I was protecting my people. 

The Infected came into view. I have a hatred of bows, so I obviously didn't have one. I waited for them to come a little closer before I jumped down and killed them. They were now only a few yards away from the tree I was in, so I decided to jump, revealing myself to them.

I landed silently on the ground right in front of them. Being the brainless cannibals they were, they charged forward, at the same time. I smirked as I grabbed my daggers, I waited for them to come to me.

I gripped the daggers tighter as one lunged at me. I was quicker, though. I slashed both daggers across its chest, sending it to the ground but not killing it, yet. The other two lunged at once, from different sides. I ducked out of the way before they could touch me, resulting in them head-butting each other.

The one I slashed, was behind me. It picked me up, flinging me at tree. I hit the tree sideways, pain flared through my ribs and body, but I was quick to get up and not let it affect me. I staggered a bit but ran forward and jumped on the first one, sending it to the ground, I slit its throat and stabbed it in the "heart," or at least where it should be, just for safety measures.

The black liquid poured from the openings, making me gag at the smell. I retracted my knives and quickly jumped up and turned in one motion. The other two, again, ran at me. I jumped on the one on the left and put my dagger through its skull, making it fall to the ground instantly.

The last and final one came at me, so stupid these things are. It launched itself at me, but I couldn't move in time. It pinned me down, its much larger frame on top of me weighing me down. It brought its head down opening its jaws revealing its razor sharp teeth, going for my neck, but I rolled over before it could, but not preventing it from biting me. It forcefully locked its jaw on my left bicep, and continued to bit down. I yelled out.

Thankfully, my right arm wasn't being pinned down anymore, so I brought my arm up and struck it in the neck, sending my knife all the way through the other side. It tarry blood soaked me, but I killed it. I pushed the dead monster off me and retrieved my dagger.

I already knew Lachlan was worrying about me, so I knew I had to get back to camp before he started a search for me. By now, though, he should know I would always come back. Only a scratch here and there, an occasional monster bite, nothing bad.

I started to walk forward, but again, pain shot through my ribs. Probably a broken rib or two. Nothing I couldn't handle. I knew I couldn't stay here, so I started to sprint towards Camp, trying my best to ignore the pain in my side.

I could see the clearing where our camp was, so I stopped running and started to limp the rest of the way there. I was breathing heavily, not really helping the pain.

I really needed to wash up, get the Infected blood off of me, clean out my bite wound, burn these clothes.

I heard movement to my left, to I glanced that way from the corner of my eye. It was just one of the Survivors of the camp making sure no Infected got it, or near. I had a small smile on my lips as I walked into the clearing, where everyone is most of the time. Either practicing, showing off, cooking, talking, everything basically.