Chapter 1

February 2, 1999, a boy was born. After 12 hours of labor a boy named Antonio Rodriguez was born. Also on the same day a girl named Lexi Jefferson was born. The two didn't know each other at the time because well, they have just have been born. Antonio who was born a Mexican and Lexi who is born a African American. Their parents couldn't be so happy that their little miracles were born into the world. Ready for what's up ahead. Five years have past and Antonio is playing at the park, in the sandbox making a sand castle. He's smiling as he makes it. Lexi comes up and sits by him, "can I help?"
He looks at her "I don't know you, I've been told not to talk to strangers"
She laughs "I'm not a stranger, I'm your new friend"
He smiles "really? I've never had a friend before"
"Now you do, what's your name?"
""Antonio, yours?"
"Lexi Jefferson, nice to meet you!"
"Wanna help me build a castle for all the people?"
"I'd love too!"
They smile and build the castle together and play for hours. Antonia's mom comes up and smiles "you've made a new friend?"
"Yes, I have, her name is Lexi"
"Hello Lexi, I'm Mary"
She smile and Lexi's Mom comes "I seen you made a new friend Lexi"
"Yes I did"
Lexi's Mom looks at Mary "I'm Michelle" she hold out her hand to shake Mary's
Mary shakes her hand "we should set up a play date"
"That'd be perfect"
They swap numbers and set one up so they can see each other again.