Chapter 13 ~ Luna's Treasure

I returned to Lucinda's cottage to find everyone having breakfast.

"Lexi~Chan! Where were you this morning? Naomi~Chan was starting to worry!" Naomi asked as soon as I arrived.

"I was just out for a stroll." I replied.

"Oh? Is something troubling you?" Lucinda asked.

I stayed silent.

"What's wrong?" Melody worried.

".......It's nothing. I just don't know how we'll be able to open the Realm Barrier without that scale...." I lied. Truth be told, I was worried about that little girl, Luna. I couldn't help but wonder what she was up to.

"We're trying to come up with a plan now. I used to know a wyvern.........his name was Ungrth.........Unfortunately, he passed away several lifetimes ago. With any luck, he has been reborn, but he won't remember me......" Laurance rambled.

"We were hoping to find a wyvern scale to complete the ritual. So far, no luck...." Leo explained.

"This is frustrating! I with we could just take them all out!" Chris grumbled.

"Patience is key. It may take many years to find the final piece of the puzzle, or it might just fall into our laps...." Lucinda said.

"We're heading upstairs to look at a map for some ideas on where to go. You want to join us?" Melody asked.

"Sure, just let me grab some food." I replied.

We headed upstairs to look at a map. We discussed places where, if we were lucky, we could find some lead on how to obtain the key to opening the realm barrier.

"Wow! This map has the locations of all of the lost cities! They're all here!" Chris exclaimed.

"It's a real blast from the past, but why do you still have this map?" Leo asked.

"It's a nice reminder of how things were..." Lucinda said.

We began to make plans to find information on the wyvern scale.

"Where Nahakara Village once stood, there is a large library, but all of the books are about how great the Shadow Lord is. It makes me gag." Chris remarked.

"The area where Scaleswind used to be is now filled with blacksmiths. We can always find weapons there." Melody added.

"Naomi~Chan knows that where Old Meteli was is now filled with the best bakeries! The sweets there are so yummy!" Naomi chirped.

"And where New Meteli is on the map, now it's a clothing district." Leo chimed in.

"O'Khasis is still the most powerful place of this demented kingdom. I suppose some things never change." I remarked.

"Bright Port used to be a refuge for meif'was, werewolves, magicks users, and witches alike. Now, it's been reduced to rubble.........." Laurance said dismally.

".....So, what's the plan?" Chris asked.

Before anyone could answer, a frantic white owl flew in from downstairs. He tugged at Lucinda's dress, pulling her to the ground floor of the house.