Chapter 4

I spent the next few hours of my life rummaging around the small crummy flat, trying to pack everything I could possibly pack. I didn't even sleep that night. I was on a time limit. I realized I didn't have as much as I had thought. The furniture and appliances belonged to the landlord, and Hansel had somehow managed to quietly get all of his stuff out of here without me noticing. I had been so tired that week, he could have been packing the whole time and had his duffel bag against the door and I would have never noticed.

First I picked up around the place, throwing bits of trash and unwanted items into large black trash bags. I'm not exactly the neatest person ever, and rarely have time to pick up around the flat. That was what Hansel was for, not that he ever did it correctly.

Once all of the scraps and things were picked up, I swept and mopped the floors, wiped down the countertops, and scrubbed down everything else. I couldn't get the permanent rust and mildew stains off of every corner, but it looked a lot better than I had anticipated. Finding two large suitcases shoved in my fairly empty closet, aside from miscellaneous clothing that I never wore anymore, I brought them out to the living area, and began to decide what to pack.

I used one bag for all of my clothes, not that I had a lot of them or anything particularly good, either. Just a few band t-shirts, colored or lace tops, black skinny jeans or shorts, a few bras and panties, and my jim-jams, which were just boxer shorts and oversized t-shirts. In the second bag, I shoved my jewelry box, all of my makeup and other toiletries, and some other stuff such as my music player, my phone and it's charger, my purse which contained my stash of tissues and a pack of spearmint gum, my hair dryer and flat iron, and my laptop incase the boys had internet I could slag off of. I packed other little stupid items, and found some more trash I could throw out and by the time I finally finished the next day, it was 5:45, which meant Ashley should be here any minute.

The sun was beginning to set, beaming red and orange tones through my window, which wouldn't be my window anymore in about 15 minutes. There was a warm breeze in the air that blew its way through the tiny holed screen, coiling itself around me, causing my nerves to rise. Being the nervous woman that I was, I had already looped around the flat 5 times, checking if I had forgotten anything, or if there was anything left unturned. I had numerously ticked off things that I would need to pack in my head, making sure I had it all. To my surprise, my worries were just another burden, because there was nothing I could find that I was missing out on. By the time I was done packing, two of my bags had been filled, and were barely zippering.

6:00. A sharp knock sounded on the door as soon as the flashy red numbers on the clock switched.

"Coming!" I called from the couch, which was now stripped of its ratty olive green throw over blanket. Getting up, my bare feet made their way over to the door, opening it to reveal a quite friendly looking Ashley. I gave him a friendly smile, before fully pulling the door open and allowing him to enter. He slowly made his way inside the flat, his shoes tapping on the hardwood floor with each slow step. Today he had on a tangerine and olive striped t-shirt, the usual blue denim jeans, and gray high top sneakers. The shirt showed off his muscular arms quite well, and I think I may have been drooling over them a bit as I slowly shut the door, watching him make his way toward the couch, examining my bulging suitcases.

"You about ready to go? " He asked, looking up at me, examining my pin straight caramel blonde hair that lay a few inches past my shoulders, my plain white t-shirt, and my light blue denim short shorts.

I drew a deep breath and nodded.

"Nervous?"

I nodded again. I was nervous. I was about to go and live with three guys I didn't know one bit.