chapter 2

Josh started to feel himself slip after the first day of no meds. But every time he seemed to be slipping Chris was right there, making it all better. Josh always had found the blonde's presence comforting, even back when they weren't dating. Josh could still remember the day he had finally asked Chris out.

Flashback

"Hey Cochise"

"Hm?" Chris mumbled, eyes focused up on the game they were playing.

"How come you lost interest in Ashley?" Josh asked, mentally slapping himself. He had meant to ask a less suspicious question.

Chris paused the game to ponder, "I don't know, I just don't really think of her as anything more than a friend."

"So is there someone else you like?" Josh questioned, glad that Chris was very easy going about this.

"Haven't really thought about it, but honestly I have noticed my interest in girls is just not the same anymore."

Josh perked up a bit at that. There might still be hope for him yet. Now all he needed to do was gather the courage to ask, which would take awhile.

"What about you? Sam seems to be talking to you a lot lately" Chris asked.

"Sam? Oh no, she and I have always been just friends. Never even noticed if she was attracted to me" Josh dismissed.

"Oh" was Chris' only reply as he unpaused the game.

It was silent for a few moments before Josh spoke again, "so then who do you find attractive?"

"What?"

"If you don't like Ashley anymore there must have been someone that caught your eye" Josh stated, he was really being bold with his questions but his curiosity was just too great to ignore.

Chris refused to look at him as he replied, "no not really."

"Oh come on man since when do you keep secrets from me?"

"I'm not" Chris said, his cheeks getting a touch redder.

Then Josh suddenly got an idea, an idea that was impossible and made his heart skip a beat at the very thought.

He found the words leaving his mouth before he could stop them, "is it me?"

Chris looked taken aback, "w-what?"

"Am I the distraction?" Josh asked again, daring to inch closer.

"No t-that's..." Chris stuttered, too flustered to form a proper sentence.

"You sure it's not me?" Josh pressed, getting closer until their foreheads were almost touching.

Chris became tenser the closer Josh came to him. His breathing quickening slightly as he watched out of the corner of his eye, not daring to look up.

Josh, having more confidence now, moved his head so he could whisper in Chris' ear, "you might say no but your body says differently."

As Josh slowly pulled back blue eyes finally met with green ones and at that moment everything seemed to freeze frame. Both sat gazing at one another for who knows how long. And then suddenly there was no more room between them. Neither was really sure who finally closed the gap, all that mattered now was the kiss. The kiss felt how every cheesy fairytale book described it.