iv.

for alex, who particularly asked for this and is a fantastic supporter.

HADES: (god of wealth and lord of Underworld)

• • •

• • •

HADES FINDS DEATH MEMES PARTICULARLY OUTRAGEOUS. The unparalleled Lord of Underworld is raging at the concept of treating death and his domain as not so much of a big deal. Staying active on Twitter and Tumblr, breaks his stone cold heart to see so many teenagers asking for death. Hades looks terrifically godly and paramount every splitting second. With skin the color of wet earth, amber eyes which reflect the fire in his soul. And his tongue, well damn his tongue. It's his saccharine sweet weapon, it weaves pretty gold necklaces for you and then it chokes you. Neatly, quickly and painfully. It's a talent.

Although, today he's not in the mood to screw someone. Today, he's gonna screw himself a couple of times over. (once more) He's so bored with the same scene being painted over and over every day. The dead come in, weep, ask for reincarnation, and then are doomed to the eternal grounds of misery. The Furies manage to do their work zealously and Cerberus' barks never turn into whines. He's the only one who hates death. Hades reeks of desperate cries for redemption, cowardice and scams. He's built of blood dripping drip drip drip down your cracked skull, fragile lungs that scream at every inhale of the putrid Underworld air. It suits his Underworld-broken-sad-sexy
stereotypical image. Despite his sad self, Hades is enchanting. That makes him impossible not to notice. Suave, smooth and sad. Isn't that the new trend these days?

Hours fleet by before the supreme Lord starts depreciating himself. La la da da, shit's getting tougher and he's getting older. He can't run away, he's oh so stagnant it pollutes the air near him. On mornings like this, he puts himself on the stove; waiting to burn, feel anything at all than just the burning cold. If only he was in the condition to be saved. Persephone is a cruel blizzard. She doesn't know what summer is. She has always loved the naked trees, cracked skin and wintry winds. She's an intricate puzzle, and not just quite lovable.

Hades is thinking again because he had nothing better to do. His job offers no exciting prospects or salary bonuses. Sigh. He thinks about death. His mind can't put a slender grasp on that phenomenon. Death, to put scientifically is, the state when your body acquires equilibrium, when your organs stop working. Spiritually, it's the state when you've finally gotten rid of your shell and freed your soul. Poetically, its leaving your ivory bones and finally going to your dreamland. Actually, it is to be dead. Eons have passed and he can't define it. It's starting to itch his nerves. He puts his head in his hands and silently pulls his hair, uprooting them. His breath is getting shorter and he is shivering and nothing's quite alright. Existing is not providing him the relief. He must feel something.

A punch in the abdomen, a kick in the diaphragm, a slap on his cheek, a knife in his throat. Anything shall suffice. He hates the pungent smell of death, the grey cemeteries, the regrets, the rotting bodies, the act of not being. Stars top the list. Every night, he lays stiff unblinking in his bed and sees the stars in front of his eyes. He doesn't remember the time when he last saw those fiery balls of ardour and beauty. He hates them. They're loved and praised; he's not. Persephone and Demeter mock him. One day, he's going to chop them up. It's not far, the day when his circuit blows up. That day, Hades is gonna stop making people die (will Thanatos agree?) and finally put an end to the evergreen throb inside his dead emotions.

a/n: hello to the people who read this!!! (i hope people are reading this) i finally updated this after a month and a half! that's good, i did it. i love this book with all my heart but i just don't get any sort of inspiration for it these days. + school's kinda really hectic, i scream every other hour. whatever.
i hope you liked it!! it's not very long but bleh.
if you did (or did not) vote and comment! it'll help me get inspired. also, we are going to hit 2K hear me yodelling!!!!!!!
also, if you wanna read something which i update frequently, check out my poetry book. it's called Transient. it's kinda cool, i guess.

song for chapter is: Dignity by New Politics. (I LOVE IT)

-aaro
// l o v e //