v.

for contra, who's beauty never fails to amaze me.

POSEIDON: (god of sea and protector of all aquatic features)

• • •

POSEIDON IS TRYING TO NOT TO DROWN BUT BUOYANCY DOESN'T WORK VERY WELL WHEN YOU'RE THE GOD OF SEA.
Round and round in circles he keeps on hitting the shores. He's not a culmination of magnificence rather an accumulation of sea weeds and squid ink and octopi babies and too much salt. Poseidon never looks like he's about to avenge the world. He's not the striking kind, fails at making heads turn towards him when he's at the subway. The god of sea looks like a tired forty five year old dad with an everlasting stubble. Salt and pepper hair, viridian eyes, smells like your favorite beach and is deadly. He is calm before the storm personified. If you ever feel a slight breeze that ruins your hair, it's him. And you don't get to fuck him over and over.

Poseidon is envisioning this particular moment in the future where he can control gravity and not be a god anymore either. The conflicts arise and wage battles inside his saturated self. He's a blasphemous old man and that's a con when you're an immortal god. Salt and water, salt and water, salt and water till every cell inside his body is about to burst and titrated with the exhaustion of living. How long can you be there, miles inside the earth's crust and not have any shits given about you? This is not a cry for attention. It's a cry for salvation. For its time he needs mending.

Aeons have fleeted by, and at this instant of second nothing makes sense to him. He's breathing perfectly fine (no asthma till today) and brewing up hurricanes by snapping his fingers. The problem is everything comes to a standstill one day. Fishes die, plants decompose, dinosaurs faced extinction and humans will vaporise to dust one day. His words are frothing inside his mouth and he's vomiting gold. The god's worth is beyond your imagination. Yet, he's sitting on the ocean floor with his rusty trident. He needs a boyfriend or a girlfriend or maybe both so that he's encompassed by warmth. Maybe even make out.

Poseidon will twist and turn his head all day and squirm while sitting on his ugly throne. This morning, he tried using a fish skeleton to comb his hair. Transfigured into a baby hippocampus and went searching for pearls. However, the thing is, he's done. Everyone reaches a breaking point and after that you just want to pick at your skin, bang your head into the wall and fade away. Immorality shouldn't exist. He wants to die but he doesn't want to be killed. He'll get out of Tartarus eventually. He can't pick at his skin too much or else the salty water starts to sting. Everything is against him, even the tides. Spin cycles are torturous unceasing things. He's caught in a turbulent one. He's turning into this stale, cantankerous god with a penchant for EDMs. That's his downfall.

The thing is, he will keep on weeping about the love he never got and the kingdom that never bowed down before him and the ache in his heart that never died and how he's going to repeat this till the end of time. Bestial and monstrous is what he might turn into. Stoic hearts, icy fingers and turning into this vile shade of blue. Do they forgive minor transgressions like this at Olympus? Never. But if you can feel the blood rushing through your veins and pupils dilating at the very prospect of something, might as well do it. This is not what legendary gods do but today, Poseidon isn't feeling like an immortal deity.

a/n: hey guys !! (does anyone still read this book, i doubt it) finally after what seems ages, i've updated Empirical. more of sit down with your phone and write something but nevermind. i love this book a lot and thank u to people who read it !! i just can't write chapters so fluidly now. that doesn't mean i'll give up on it. i sound hella cheery but i'm not. oh god.

ok that was too much !! anyways, how are y'all? i'm stressed but haha that's cool. hope you liked this one, i'm not particularly happy with what i wrote but might as well do it. vote, comment and share? give ya darling a reason to smile about.

song for the chapter:  traffic lights by pools. (you literally need to check out pools if haven't listened to him right fucking now)
bye !!

-aaro
// l o v e //