The meeting

Was a foggy morning in the White Mountains of Arizona. The dew that caught the leaves on the foliage seemed to add jewels to the forest floor. Adding beauty to an old town where nothing extravagant took place, a quiet sleepy town population of less than 100. This place was somewhere to nowhere, in fact nowhere had to take three hidden paths to get to this place. The town consisted of a bank, post office, a diner, and oddly a small library on its main street. main street it was, it was the only paved road in this nook in the mountains. The people here were no younger than 50 and enjoyed their dreary, sleepy settings. The only drama they had were in the business of neighbors relatives who lived outside of this hidden hideaway.

In this place that couldn't be found on any map which nothing happened in, was about to host one of the world's most important meetings. So important America wasn't in the balance, the world wasn't in the balance but all of God's creation was being held in the balance. This quaint town was unaware, infact this town was exactly like the rest of the world who went about their lives, and their thoughts, and their mini worlds unaware. Like ants in a colony unaware the exterminator had been called. Everyone was busy about their business and had no sign that the exterminator was on her way. On this planet, the ant hill of life, the exterminator was on her way, and this exterminator was on a path of vengeance.

This foggy morning there was an unusual sight. Across the small post office was the diner. The diner wasn't small, infact was one of the biggest places on main street. It had to host most of the occupants of this sleepy town, for their three square meals a day. On this particular dreary day sat a young blonde in one of the old diner red booths. She was a pretty little thing, though she was dressed ordinary her unordinary beautiful features shown through her disguise. Her wavy blond hair cascaded down the hood of the plain grey hoodie. Her crystal eyes scanning the menu, her face was contorted in thought. She tried to ignore the stares she was receiving from the town folks, particularly the men who had eyed her the moment her new grey Dodge Challenger parked in front of the slow neighborhood food joint.

She tried to concentrate on the menu, but she knew she was in no mood to eat anything. Her stomach was in knots of the meeting that was about to take place in this geriatric town. This meeting was by her own design, didn't help. Was her idea for this meeting so if everything didn't go as planned it would all come crashing down on her.

She sighed in exasperation, and folded her slender body over the the table and pinched the bridge of her nose. She said a silent prayer in her head for strength. She was annoyed at herself for being this nervous. She once, a lifetime ago lead armies into battle, defeated giants, and here she was quaking to have meeting with two families, strong families, her being the mediator between a pair of brother who were born enemies.

"You al'right sweetheart?" Said a sweet country accent.

The blonde peeked up at the salt and pepper hair women. She was around 60, her aged features giving away her age. Her hair was neatly in a bun, where it seems she started a collection of pens throughout her shift. She had a pink and white checkered apron on. Her smile was genuine, her deep brown shown her concern, and the blonde immediately like this old waitress.

"Yes I am, thank you. Just was a long day on the road." The blonde tried her best to smile sweetly at the aged women.

"Well hon, are you lost? Cause this place is a good place to nuting." She gestured the room with her pen when she referred to 'this place'.

"Oh yes I am pretty sure I am in the right place. The directions were two left turns after getting completely lost. And yep I am here all right."

The old lady smiled, and eyed the menu that sat in front of the blonde.

"Oh! I will just have a coffee, till the rest of my group gets here." The blonde handed the waitress her menu, when an idea struck her. "Oh wait, one of the guys who will join me loves pie, how is the pie here?"

"It better be the best! I make it myself!" Waitressed beamed with pride, "hope your friend likes apple."

"Apple is fantastic thank you." The blonde smiled, this time the smile wasn't forced.

She watched as the country accented lady disappeared in the back. She couldn't help but liked the old gal. Infact, she scanned the street from the window, she quite enjoyed the sweet little town of nothing. She bite her lip as her fears came crashing down on top of her. Mankind was in the fight for existence and didn't even know it. The blonde will give her life to make sure this dreamy town stayed exactly how it was, dreamy. Her eyes scanned the forest behind the odd old buildings, she had lived two lifetimes and she was tired, she was old and tired though she didn't look it. She had fought many battles, but this would be the biggest one yet. The blonde watched some leaves rustle on the pavement, her mind was taken back to almost 3 months ago. To the time she joined the war that no one but her knew they were in.