0.00001% Part 2// Garrance

"What?" Garroth was confused.

"Um, it's a long story, but let me introduce myself first. My name is Laurance Zvahl; I'm 21." Laurance stuck out his hand.

"Garroth Ro'Maeve. Also 21." Garroth shook it and sat down on the rock.

Laurance sat down next to him. "So around this time last week, right after I got the dye out of my hair, my clock stopped working. And you've heard the stories right? Whenever the clock stops working, it means your soulmate died." He sniffled. "And you haven't written on your skin or dye your hair so I thought it was true."

"But I have written on my skin." Garroth held out his arms, where words were scrawled down the sides. Some were almost completely faded. "I thought you were ignoring me."

"Do we even know if we're soulmates?" Laurance looked at the sky. The sun had almost completely set, giving the sky a beautiful shade of purple. "I mean, my actual soulmate could be dead, and your's could've been right behind me. The world is full of circumstantial coincidences."

Garroth thought for a moment. "The tattoo." Laurance looked at him funny. "The tattoo? You know? The last thing we have in common?" Garroth rolled up his pant leg. His tattoo had changed; the butterfly was complete.

Laurance's eyes widened, and he rolled down his sock. The same butterfly was on his ankle. "So you really are..." He leapt and gave Garroth a hug. "Garroth, you have no idea how scared I was. I almost called a therapist. My friend went through the same thing about a month before and she's still not over it." Laurance started sobbing into his shoulder.

Garroth was speechless for a moment. He just held Laurance tight. "It's okay. I'm here."