Chapter 32: Thought you still had love for me

Aaliyah POV

I sat in the car with my head rested in the palm of my hand. Lisa looked at me sideways, while sighing. I sat all the way up and bit hard on my lip.

"You ready, we don't wanna miss a flight do we?"

I rolled my eyes while clicking my seat belt.

"I can't just leave New York without saying a word." Lisa sucked her teeth then groaned in frustration.

"Girl, he's not going to be mad. He'll understand. Just calm down girl. The case isn't exactly final yet."

I knew that Lisa was right, but it felt wrong to just leave New York without him. The thing that was really bothering me was his sentence. He didn't do anything and I knew that deep inside. If you know Pac like I do, you'd say the same thing.

"But-"

"Aaliyahhh." Lisa groaned out, causing me to sigh. I know that I'm being difficult but damn.

"Look, just lemme use your cellphone to call him."

"Gladly." She replied while tossing me her phone. I dialed his number and placed the phone in the crook of my neck, while hearing it ring. Finally it had been answered.

"hello." His deep raspy voice echoed through the phone.

"Lisa, this yo number. What's up girl?" I rose my eyebrow. I had no idea them too had relations. (mmmm relations)

"Huh? This is Aaliyah Tupac."

"Had a feeling it was you. How you and Michelangelo doing?" I kissed my teeth.

"STAR and I are doing great. But the question is how are you?"

Ruffling could then be heard over the line. That happens anytime our conversation translates into something more serious.

"Baby?" I asked while speaking directly into the phone.

"I'm here."

"Answer the question." I could hear him sigh over the phone.

"You heard huh?"

I nodded as if he could see me.

"Damn..."

"Mhmmm, that's a valid response." I replied in a sarcastic tone.

"Look Li-"

"There's no need to explain, I understand babe. I know you did no wrong, but aye. You gotta do what you gotta do right?"

"Glad you understand. Go back to Detroit."

"B-but Pac."

"Go. I'll be there in a few weeks." I sighed in confusion.

"You sure?"

"Yes Aaliyah. Go head.' I gotta handle some thangs."

"Aight, I'll see you soon Tu-"

Before I could finish, I heard the dial tone and looked at the phone. As I tossed the phone back into Lisa's lap, she gave me an unreadable look.

"What?" I asked while laughing.

"I told yo STUBBORN ass."

"Oh, so now I'm stubborn?" My eyebrow rose, and my tone deepened.

"Girl you are stubbonnnee."

"Stubbone? I think you mean stubborn Li."Lisa sucked her teeth, and I chuckled under my breath.

"I mean exactly what I said 'li.'"