Two- I Think I'm In Love

Valentine Pov-
After Alexander left for the drinks, I felt my mother's eyes land instantly on me.
"Who is he ?" I clinched my jaw, and my grip tighted on the menu. I didn't answer her, I just kept my eyes on the menu. "Valencia, you talk to your mother this instant young lady." I winced. Valencia was my Papa's nickname for me. He hasn't used it on my since I was four. I sighed.
"That was Alexander, and before you ask no I'm not dating him, no he doesn't go to my school, and no he is not interested in me like I am no interested in him."

My mother smiled the widest smile I've ever seen, and laughed. The joyful sound almost brought me to tears; she never laughed, at least, not after  -
"Coffee, iced tea, and a Shirley temple." His fingers long and slender, gazed mine, and tingles went though my body. I held still and hoped that my parents didn't see.
I saw him smirk, as he looked over at me, as I took a small sip of my Shirley temple. I gulped, and scooted a little ways away from him.
"Okay folks, what would you like to eat this evening ?" His eyes never left mine, I cleared my throat softly, and looked down at my nails.
"I'll take the salad," my mother said, and I heard the faint noise of pen on paper.
"And you sir ?"
"I'll take the scrambled eggs, and toast."
Scribble scribble. I silently prayed that my Papa would answer for me.
"And you miss ?" I looked up at him, counting each of the small flecks of silver in each eye.
"I would have the French Toast." I said in barely a whisper, and looked down at my drink. I felt my cheeks go pink, when he touched my other hand, when he grabbed the menu. He was no doubt smirking. I yanked my hand away, and glared at him, as he disappeared from the table.

"Oh Valentine, you have it bad." I looked over at my mother, who was shaking her head, but smiling.
"What do you mean ?" I grabbed hold of the drink, and took a long gulp.
"You like him." I chocked on my own saliva.
"What do you - "
"Don't denie it I'm your mother, I've been with you since you were four; even younger then that too. I know when my baby is in love."
"Mom !" I groaned and slapped my forehead.
My mother laughed, and took a long sip from her tea. I stared out the window, watching the cars drive by. The wind kissed the trees, and the grass embraced the air. The Sun was setting, coloring the sky in pinks and oranges. When I was younger I remember daydreaming about touching the sunset, and feeling the sun on my skin. Thus creating my tan.

I turned away from the window, as my phone started to vibrate. I looked down at it, and realized it was a text from Maria. I groaned. I'm not in the mood.
"What is it Valentine ?"
"It's Maria." I unlocked my phone, and got to her text message.

Maria: we need to talk ASAP.
I sighed, and put my phone, on the table, and rubbed my eyes with the palms of my hands.
"French Toast, scrambled eggs, and a salad." Alexander placed the food in front of me, and I looked at it hunger filling my veins. I looked up at him.
"Do you by any chance have syrup on you ?" He handed a container of syrup. I smiled.
"Thanks."

I didn't know I could eat that much. Two rounds of French Toast, plus two plates of eggs. My stomach felt blotted. But it was worth it. Alexander left after my second plate of French Toast, and was replaced by some green haired chick, who pissed me off because she was incredibly rude to me and my parents. So I didn't leave a tip. Nor did my parents. After Alexander left, I felt like I was broken inside, like a part of me was missing. It doesn't make any sense.

Maybe my mother was right maybe I do love Alexander. Even if it kills me to say it. I opened the door to my apartment, and kicked off my shoes. New blisters where already appearing on my feet, stinging like a bee. I winced with every step I took.

Maria had stopped texting me a while back after I called in the dinners bathroom, and told her to leave me alone in a very civilized manor. Okay maybe I did cuss her out a little but... that doesn't matter.

I walked into my bed room, and took off my crop top and shorts, and replaced it with plaid pajamas, white socks. I stretched my arms over my head, and yawned.

I sat down on my bed covered myself with the covers.

The last sentence still played in my mind.

I love Alexander Longwood.