Five-The Problem With Goodbye

Valentine Pov-
Goodbyes were never my strong suit. I'm more of a greeting person then a see you later type. The problems with good bye. I wish that "goodbye" wasn't a thing, due to the fact that I was leaning over and kissing Alexander. He was kissing back, his skin hot against mine, touge touring though my mouth, and circulated, exploring it inch by inch.

He pulled back slowly, and I sighed deeply and opened my mouth only for him to interrupt.
"Valentine. . I . . We. . .what. . . ?" I smiled and pecked him once more on his lips, and then looked him deeply into his eyes, the blue iris sparkled against the grey, his eye lashes tickled my forehead.

"Alexander."
"Yes ?" I gulped silently, my heart racing.
"I know we haven't know each other for a long time, but I. . ." I cleared my throat. "I think I love you." I dropped my gaze. I saw his legs come closer, and closer until I felt his hot breath on my skin.

" Valentine," his voice was hoarse. "I love you to. But we can't. I don't want to hurt you." My heart dropped into my stomach. I felt like crying.

I looked at those blue eyes, searching for anything inside them. Nothing. I looked at my shoes.
"Goodbye Alexander. I - I love you." I turned away from him, and walked down the hallway to the spare bedroom, and closed the door behind me.

I took off my shoes, and jumped into bed, as tears began to fall, and my body began to shake. "I love you."

%~%
Alexander Pov-
'Goodbye Alexander. I love you.' I stood there frozen, feeling like a complete ass. I turned down the only girl I was willing to die for. Know she's hurt. I'm a ass. I slapped myself, and walked down the hall to her room, ignoring Salem as she called for me to join because the party was starting.

I made my way to that room, and opened door. And kicked off my shoes, and shrugged off my coat. She layed on her bed, dried tears on her cheeks, the rims of her eyes swollen.

I climbed into the bed with her, and pushed her close to me. She turned over and opened her eyes. "Alexander - ?"
"Shh, it's okay. I'm here. I'm always going to be here." She reached for my neck, and pulled on the tie losing it.
"Maria keeps shirts and pants in the closet." She turned back over and yawned.

After getting dressed I didn't go into the bed right away. I sat down at the desk, pen in my hand, paper on the wood. Sweat rolled down my cheek and forehead.

I was writing her a poem. A very stupid crazy poem. I have this perfect poem in my head, but every time I try to write, my words are  completely different than what I wanted to put.

I sighed. Maybe I wasn't cut out for this? I put the pen down, and climbed into bed with my love. I put my arms around her waist, and pushed her toward me.

I rested my head in the crook of her neck, and kissed it gently, earning a small gentle giggle, escaping her lips. I smiled against her skin.

"I love you Valentine."

--------------Next Day----------------
Alexander Pov-
I woke up before Valentine, and wrote her a poem, and placed right inside her left heel. She's bound to see it. I walked out of the room, and down the hall, were I jogged down the stairs,and got to to front door.

I opened it and rain came pouring in and thunder shook the skies. I slammed the door shut, and placed my back against the door. "Shit.." I mumbled,  walking to the T.v. and switched it on.

  I found the news channel, and turned the volume down. There was a woman at least mid thirties, with blonde hair, and blue eyes. Eh, she was pretty but not a gorgeous as Valentine.

The weather man popped up, and started talking favourite weather.
"Yes, we will be experiencing a thunderstorm for the next three days. I highly recommend, that you stay indoors and away from Windows, because there are going to be 60 mile winds striking los Angeles, and New York. Good luck everyone." Fuck. Fuck fuck fuckety fuck fuck. I'm stuck and I have to go to work tomorrow. Shit. Okay look at the positives Longwood, you'll be staying with Valentine right ? That's a plus ? Easy. But . .fuck ! The poem, I have to go get that !

&*&
Valentine Pov-
I woke up, and yawned. My shoulders were sore, as were my mid back. I sighed, and placed my feet into my high heels.
"Ow shit." I lifted my left my foot, and found a slip of paper I picked it up and smoothed it out.

The problem with goodbyes
Goodbye is my least favorite word
It's when to souls have to part.
I hate separation.
Especially when I'm around you.
Your hair the darkest brown.
Your eyes the finest work of art.
Your skin; sunkissed.
I love you
Valentine.
Your the hardest part of "goodbye"

I reread it over and over, each time the words getting better and better,like a work of art. He's done it. He stole my heart.

"Valentine ?" My head blotted up, and there stood Alexander. Hair damp, skin glistening like morning dew, panting. "Did you.."
"Read it ?" I looked back down at the paper and smiled. "I memorized it." I stood up and put the paper on the bed. I walked over to him, and put my arms over his neck, ignoring the shiver crawling up my back from his moistened skin. I grazed his lips against mine, his eyes closing, mine closing as well. I leaned in my lips touching his, his hands holding onto the small of  My back. I moved my lips and inch away from his.

I whispered in his ear. "You my dear Alexander, are my favorite 'hello' and my hardest  'goodbye.'" I crashed my lips to his.

The hardest goodbye.