Trivia-other mythological characters

People in Ramayana and Mahabharata.

Parasuram was older than Ram's father Dusrath.
After Ramayan, he appeared in Mahabharata as well.
He trained Bhism, Dron, Karn in art of war, and fought Bhism.
He gave Krishna his chakra.

Hanuman, Rams favorite Bhakt appears in Mahabharata a few times.
Krishna tries to break ego of several characters in Mahabharata.
He uses Hanuman to break ego of Garud, Sudarshan, Balram, Rukmini, Arjuna in a planned manner.
Hanuman breaks ego of Bhim as well.
He appears in the flag of Arjun's divine chariot, and along with Krishna, absorbs power of various Astras.

Jambavant served Ram alongside Hanuman. He was much older than Ram and Parasuram.
He is Brahmas son, and did twenty one pradakshanas (ran around) Vamans feet when he was conquering the whole earth in one step.
He wished to duel Ram one on one, in Ramayana.
Since Ram was in debt of his help, he said he could not fight him in this avatar, but promised to fight him in his next Avatar.
When Krishna was blamed for stealing Shyamantak Mani, he set in search of it, found it in Jambvants cave, fought and defeated him, and when Jambavant realized, he gave his daughter Jambavati and the Mani to Krishna.

Other immortal characters like Lord Siva, Brahma, Indra, Varun, Vayu, Narad, Garud, Sudarshan, etc also make an appearance in Mahabharata, some to serve him, some to challenge him without realizing who he really is.

Some mortal characters like the hunter (Sugriv reborn to avenge his brother) who killed Krishna,
the washer man who blamed Sita in Ramayana and insulted Krishna, etc are also a few mentionable characters.

Manmadha (Vishnu's son), who was burned by Shivas third eye in Shiva Purana was born as Krishna's son. Manmadhs wife Ratio took care of him till he was an adult, and married him.