The Social Song

The Social Song

By: the_british_girl24

   “Ugh, Rydell Rostoe, you are a stupid, naïve little girl. You can’t change this school’s social order just because you want to. There’s nothing you can do about it."

   Welcome to the life of a sixteen year old social outcast with an almost secret passion for singing. Everyone has seen her sing covers of all sorts of songs on YouTube and everyone loves her voice. You'd think this would lead to instant popularity. Well, think again, because not one video reveals her identity. She's not too keen on attention or frankly just being noticed. Nobody knows that Bernandette High's very own introvert is the mysterious YouTube girl.

   She likes to say that music is her only friend, it's always been there for her. Her best friends are gone, they dumped her for the popular crowd. She could never forgive them, but why does she miss them so much? Things start to get complicated for Rydell when her ex-best friend Drew wants to begin again. But he's popular, Rydell isn't. They technically can't even make eye-contact. Can she look into her heart to ignore everything he's done in the past? Then add Megan to the mix. This queen bee won't let anything mess with her social order.

   So what happens when Rydell's sick of being kicked around? What happens when this school year is the one where she's finally had enough and wants to fight back against the populars? The school year has only just begun, will it take a turn for the worst? Or will Rydell think of a way to break society's social order amidst all of her insecurities.

   I think you'll have to read to find out.

Everyone needs some cute little read every now and then. Here's the one I'd recommend to ya!