What if we were fine?

Sometimes I think we're all broken. We all have stories that are untold because we've been silently sworn to secrecy. We all have a reason to be sad, some of us beyond sad; and we fall into depression. Sadness can be addicting, and some of us are addicts. But just think, for a single minute: What if we were fine?

Sometimes I think we don't know what we want. We think we want this, and we think we want that, and it all just comes crumbling down. Some of us are so desperate to get what we want, that we end up dying if we don't have it; like love. Our loved ones sit back and watch, as we unravel ourselves, inch by inch, into a display of misery. But just think, for a single minute: What if we were fine?

Sometimes I think we just need to love ourselves. Because if we didn't, who would? We all have felt that way. Nobody loves us, we're unwanted, we're worthless. We have even been told that. But I wish we could look past the opinions that scar us in the battle against ourselves just so we could fit in. We cry, and we sigh, and we just want peace. And we could never forget how the dust tasted when we got kicked to the ground and had to get back up. But just think, for a single minute: What if we were fine?

Sometimes I wish our hearts weren't broken to the point where some pieces were missing and other pieces would never fit again. We just have to realize that to this day, we made it out alive. To this day, we have fought through battles against hate and judgment. We managed to pull through, and here we are. And just think, for a single minute: We are fine.