Chapter 2

Im pretty sure my face was 50 shades of red! I gathered myself back to reality and put on my show.

Which was nothing new, i do that so no one sees the real me!

"Yo! What up my nigga? I didnt see you there. I was just worried about getting a cig before i went on a murder spree!"

He looked at me and with a faint smile didnt say more than,

"What up?"

My heart grew heavy. I will never understand what caused him to hate me. We use to hang out all the time as kids but slowly grew apart. So much i didnt want to go around him for the thought of being hated.

"So James was my surprise? This is why i had to wake up and leave my house?" I said sitting in a chair with my thoughts elsewhere.

Jake just stared at me smiling like an idiot and nodding.

I tried so hard not to say much to him for the thought of being turned down or ignored so i stayed to myself texting my boyfriend.

"Ugh!" I sighed out.

Why does my boyfriend have to be such a dick sometimes?

I put my phone down and tried communicating with the others.

Jake and James were jamming and me and my best friend Hailey who is dating my cousin Jake were making fun of it.

"Yeah! My name is Jamie. I like cookies! But i dont like brownies! Yeah!" I rapped to the beat they were playing. Laughter spread across everyone.

Including him...

I look down after things settle down to see another text from my boyfriend.

I swear, sometimes i wonder if its a blessing or a curse to be in love with him. But hey, you put up with anything in order to be happy.

After a few minutes past Jake and James started talking about a really cool spot that Hailey, Me and Jake love to hang at with our friend Daniel.
And then all of sudden i was having to text Daniel telling him to come get us. He kindly agreed and headed over.

I went out front to wait when James suddenly walked out playing music. I looked at my feet that were proped up on the piller.

Not many words were said between the time we had, then Daniel drove up.

We all gathered up and got in the truck, me of course being in the front seat. I tried to not pay much attention on the fact that James was actually going with us and acted as if it was a normal car ride. I danced and sung and talked like normal. And thats when the adventure started.