Chapter 5: Confrontation

We'd found out what had happened to Dr. Gregory. I really wish we hadn't, I prefered it when we didn't know where he was. Then I could imagine he had just decided to leave. I like...  had liked him, and now the only teacher ever to believe in me was dead.

It just hardened my resolve to bring Bug Lady down.

My voice harsh with anger and unshed tears, I call for Willow, telling her to leave come me, someone else will clear it up. We need to find out if the adress was correct, if Ms. French does live there. Then, school or no school, I will go there and wipe her out.

We leave together, turning our backs on the still screaming Cordelia. We see Theo, sitting by the canteen door by himself, looking for us. When he sees us, he smiles and waves us over.

However, when we sit sown at his table, the smile drops form his face. "Bad news. Ms. Bug stole the name, adress and credentials of an old subsitute teacher who's about 80. She doesn't live there."

I slam my fist on the table in frustration, making a big clanging sound and nearly driving a hole through it. Sometimes Slayer strength can be such a pain. Willow talks to me soothingly, trying to get me to calm down. I tell Theo what we ad seen in the fridge. His face becomes understanding, and then hardens, as I feel mine has done. "She must be stopped." He says, his voice cold.

I nod once, briefly. Willow's now trying to calm both of us down. "How are we gong to find her? We can't just knock on every door in Sunnydale. If only we had a police dog, or something that could sniff ..." I slowly run down that sentence as an idea hit me. I smile, feeling better now that we have a clear course of action. Willow and Theo both look at me quizzically, wondering why the sudden change in expression. "The vampire I fought yesterday, he was scared of her. Ran away. With his vampiric senses he must be able to smell her, and then we can find her and kill her." Willow looks nervous, but Theo lights up with a smile the equal of my own.

Now we just have to wait until sundown. We have a long schoolday ahead of us.

After several hours of clockwatching, school finally ended. Now I had to locate Forky's lair in the sewers, then bring him out to find Buggy's lair. So many lairs. Theo and Willow would wait by Xander's house in case he went there first, so they could stop him going, or at least delay him long enough for me to slice and dice her. I touch the axe I'd taken from Giles collection for reassurance, then headed down a manhole, straining my Slayer senses to the limit to find Forky.

It didn't take long. I caught him just ater the sun went down, climbing through another manhole. I hit him with the axe handle to subdue him, then tied up his arms so that he couldn't escape. Now I just have to lead him around, and wait for him to try and run away from one of the houses. A piece of cake.

Xander

At last! After three days of waiting, I'm finally on my way to visit the woman of dreams, the beautiful, the delectable, the amazing Ms. French!

I'm so excited that I'm not even going home to change, just going straight there. I hope I'm not late, and I look alright... what if she's not into me?

Oh gods, calm down. It's not like this isn't the first time someones rejected me. But will it be the first time someone accepts me?