Something she has to do

☆ Jasons P.O.V ☆

Thurdsay Morning

I grabbed my lunch bag and headed out for school. I decided to wait a little to see if Audrey would come out soon. But If I didn't leave now I would be late.

When I first moved here all the neighbors greeted me except for Audrey and her family. I thought no one lived there. No one ever mentions anything about them.

As soon as I enter the building, "Jason!" Madison's annoying voice comes from behind me. "Let me walk you to your locker! Hold my hand!" She says it so loud that everyone can hear. I didn't reach for her hand but she grabbed it anyway. No doubt that she liked me, everyone knew this. She goes on talking about stuff I don't care about. I spot Audrey hiding in a corner staring at me & Madison.

A deep, cold stare.

I walked toward her but she turned around the corner. I looked around the corner and the hallway was empty. No one goes down creepy hallway. Why is she so distant?

After I'm at my locker Madison finally leaves with her friends and I head toward my first period class. I set my books on my desk in the back and I hear Drake calling for me. "Hey Jase, can I copy your work I was bummed after football practice."

I shrugged and he rummaged through my math folder. "Thanks man, I owe you one." My friend Max walks over to me. He points at cyndey. "Check out that brunette over there." Cyndey was okay. But she looked like... a stick. "Ehhh she's okay." Max catches her eye and she smiles at us. He leaves me behind and runs toward her. I look up at the clock thinking of what to do before class starts in 10 minutes. I turn my eyes toward the window and I saw Audrey in a dark corner staring deeply out the window.

She was so beautiful with her black long hair down to her waist and toxic grey eyes with long lashes and pretty pink lips.
She was so gorgeous she didn't need even the slightest bit of makeup.

She looks up and stares at me for a moment then looks back out the window. I guess I've been staring too long because the bell rings.

While Mr. Hines talks about an algebra II lesson I glance back at Audrey. She's fast asleep. I try to tell her to wake up. "Audrey, Audrey wake up." I lean over and shake her a little. "Audrey wake up!" I say a little louder.

She's knocked out.

"Jason is there something you have to say that's more important than my lecture?" I'm caught red handed leaned over with my hand on Audrey's shoulder. Everyone must think I'm a creep now. I feel the blood rushing up to my face and I slowly fall back in my set. "No."

"I see you were trying to wake your girlfriend up but you're put everyone else's learning privilege at risk." I hear everyone snickering. He sounds so arrogant it makes me wanna cringe.

...

When class ends Mr.Jones hands me a detention slip. This is bullshįt. I see him walk over to Audrey handing her a detention slip too. She looks at it with weary eyes and goes back to sleep. I guess she just doesn't really care.

...

While walking to lunch with Drake and Max, Max asks. "So you and that girl date?" I know we don't date but I don't really wanna say that we don't because she's just so..I don't know. So I say nothing. "You ok man, your face is red." Drake adds. I just pretend like I don't know what they're talking about.

Madison comes over to my table with her two obnoxious friends. One dumb girl twirls her hair and says "So like we heard you're dating this Aubrey." She laughs. The rumor spread so fast her name changed. The other brat says "Right like who is she, she sounds like an ugly biiiaaatch." They laugh in unison. Madison sits next to me with her hand on my shoulder rubbing it up and down slowly. Her sharp nails scratch me and I jerk back.