190 (FINAL PART, FULL CHAPTER)

"but i'm a boy!"

my cheek stings as i come to realize,

my mother just hit me.

jimin runs into the room.

"are you fucking crazy?!" i sob.

running into jimin's arms, he holds me tight, as what it seems like he sends a death glare to my mother.

eomma cries, and i am wondering why she is crying.

i am crying.

she should not be.

eomma never raised me right when i was a child. of course, when i was five, i wanted to become a disney princess. like belle, or ariel. eomma didn't care about my school grades, or what i did in my free time. she didn't care about my life, all she cared about was her job and being able to maintain health.

"she's not my lee anymore." i hear eomma whisper from jimin's shoulder.

"jimin?"

he perks up at the sound of his name, as he lets me go and looks at my eomma.

"i would like you to take your tie off."

jimin looks confused.

"my tie?" he repeats, as if he didn't hear the clear statement my mother just said.

"take off your tie!" she raises her voice, but not to the point of yelling.

carefully, he extracts the tie from underneath the collar of his shirt, and reaches it out towards my eomma.

eomma grabs the tie, and holds my wrist gently in her fingers, and i turn around to look at her. she carefully slips the tie under my collar, and ties it, stepping back to take a careful look at me. i stare at the ground.

"thank you, eomma." i croak.

she steps towards me as she holds me in her arms.

"we'll figure this out. together."

and for once, for what seems like in forever, i believe her.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"why didn't you tell me?"

jimin and i walk along the side of the busy highway.

"i didn't think you'd accept me for who i am," i explain. "i didn't know, and i was scared to come downstairs as soon as i was finished cutting my hair. i know your family is religious, and i know you grew up with religious teachings. i didn't know what to expect, if you were going to accept me for who i am, or if you were going to shut me out of your life, and i really risked that when i walked down those steps. i was afraid you'd see me as a monster, or foreign. i just, didn't know what to expect. that's all.

"you're an amazing person, jimin. you've stuck with me for years, and i think you're great. i realized, that i,"

i sigh.

"i'm in love with you, park fucking jimin."

jimin cracks a smile.

"god damnit, i wondered how long it would take you to realize i felt the same way, you loser."

and as he brings me in for a kiss, i know everything will be okay.

FIN

A/N (PLEASE PLEASE READ OMFG)

ahhh ohmygod transgender was so fun to write! i never ever expected it to get over 1k views- but, as of now (all finished parts are drafts), i have 28k views, 4k votes and over 150 people added my story to their reading list.

i wanted to thank you all for making this happen. this is such an accomplishment for me, and i hope that you all enjoyed the story.

love you guys!