8// Where Have You Gone

I look in the mirror, looking at how pale and tired I looked. The whole time I've been in beacon hills I haven't gotten any sleep and it's really starting to show.

I sigh and turn away. Last night I told Scott everything starting off with how I first meet Allison. His reaction was what I expected, he listened, looked at the floor, and when I was done he left without a word. I was nervous to see him again, I didn't want him to think I was crazy. I hear a soft knock on my door and internally pray it isn't Scott. I grab the door handle and turn it slowly before swinging the door open to see Mrs. McCall.

"Hey, the sheriff called last night and said that some boxes of you and your families were there, so I picked them up if there's anything you don't need tell me and we can either put it in storage or toss it." She says smiling sympathetically.

I look at the boxes that were outside my door and turn back to her offering a smile.

"Thank you so much for this, for letting me stay here with you guys." I say.

"No problem." She says.

"Do you think it would be okay if I stay home from school so I can sort through the all this?" I ask.

"Sure honey. Just make sure your at school tomorrow." She says pointing a finger at me.

"Of course." I say nodding my head.

"Well I gotta go, but sort everything and tell me what to do when I get home tonight." She's says to me and I smile.

She turns around and walks down the hall. I run out of the room and grab all the boxes bringing them in the room. I close the door and pickup the first box opening it to see clothes and shoes.

"Thanks god!" I say excitedly.

I push the box to the side and look through the next one which consist of most of the stuff from my room. I open all of the boxes until one was left in the floor. I pull it close to me wondering what it could be. I open the box and my eyes widen at what I see. Inside the box is pictures, journals, and other things my parents kept in their office. I grab the first thing I see and look at a picture of me with my mom and dad. I smile at how happy we looked and moved on to the next thing. I stick my hand in the box and move it around until I feel something.

"If this is what I think it is I might cry." I say to myself pulling it out of the box.

I jump up from my sitting position and cry out in joy when I see my phone and my earbuds.

"Yes!" I yell hugging it to my chest.

I hit the power button and see it's dead.

"Seriously?" I groan as I set it on my bed and start to look back through the box.

I pull out a journal and furrow my eye brows. I open the journal and read the owners name.

"Talia Hale?" I question.

I flip through the the pages and stop when a photo falls out. I lift it up and see a picture of a baby with a women with black hair. I look at the date and see it was a few weeks after I was born.

"Hale as in Derek hale?" I question.

I jump up when I hear the phone ringing down stairs. I run down the stairs and grab the phone.