Chapter 1 *The History*

*six years before NYC*

"Good morning sweetie. Did you sleep well?" My mom asked me as I went downstairs for breakfast. Mom always makes a delicious breakfast!

"Hehe, I slept well mom! Like a little baby." I told her as I sat down in front of the breakfast bar.

"That's good darling. Okay, what will it be baby? Pancakes or waffles?" She asked me as she put the two items on to two seperate plates.

"Pancakes! Pretty please, with a cherry on top." I told her as I quickly grab four slices of pancakes. She giggles and set down a pitcher of orange juice on to the breakfast bar.

Then, the crying of my little baby brother began. His name is Blake Anthony Martin. He is only 9 months old. Oopsie daisy, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Angel. Angel Valentina Martin. My parents are Vannessa and Marcus Martin. But, my dad left us when he found out that mom was pregnant with Blake.

Mom was upset for a little while but a few months later, she found out that he had been having an affair with our neighbour.

I'm 15 this year and I love the colour blue. My birthday is on the 14th of February. That's right! I was born on Valentine's Day. Mom actually wanted to name me Valentine but Dad said that it was a common thing to do if a child was born on Valentine's Day.  Anyways, I was super excited to be a big sister when I found out that I was going to have a baby brother. He is super cute and super silent. He rarely cries so I guess, today must be a cranky day for him.

So, a little more about myself. I go to a local middle school in a little town called Boston. Boston is a really cool place! I didn't make a friends but, I did have a kitten as my best friend. I know that sounds weird but...it was better than the people in my school.  I got to a school called John Anderson's Middle School. My school is know for alot of things, like, football and baseball. Sports was big deal then. Everyone would always be talking about how great J.A.M.S was.

I'm a wallflower. I would try not to attract any unknown attention. I would always have a low profile. But...it didn't work.

A few months later, Jessica Matthews came up to me and called me a little boyfriend stealer. Apparently, she thought that I would steal her boyfriend, Josh Jacob, the school's star in football. It all happened when I was walking to science class when I trip and fell and all of my things were scattered on the floor. So...I guess Josh saw what happened and helped me. At the corner of my eye, I saw Jessica's follower and she quickly ran away the moment she saw me talk to Josh in order to say thank you for helping me.

I guess I she got the worng idea...

From then on...she would spread nasty rumours about me and it was hell...I stopped going to school and I would, every now and then, lock myself in my room and slowly faded...Until one day, I saw that someone posted a comment on Facebook about me.

It said, "Look at this little slut, flirting with my man! She should kill herself! But I don't think God would be happy with what he had done! Go kill yourself bitch!"

It hit me hard. I had no other choice so I took a razor and cut my wrists till I felt numb...

I guess it was a mom thing because just when I was about to pass out...due to the lack of blood...my mom entered the house and she was kneeling next to me and trying to stop the blood from exiting my body.

A few days later, I woke up in a hospital bed where there was a nurse there, checking up on me.

She smiled at me in pity and walked out, I guess to tell my parents that I was awake. When my mom entered the room, she rushed to the bed and hugged my tightly. She said that she saw the comment on my Facebook page as the police had informed her about how it all happened.

Mom was furious at what the girls had said on Facebook and told me that it would be okay because from now on, we can start over and I can finally be the happy girl that she knows I am.

*Fast forward fo six years later*

"Angel! Take this out to table 32!" Danny shoted as I was refilling a customer's cup with coffee.

"Got it boss!" I said as I roller bladded to the pick uo point and took the plate to table 32.

"There you go Ms Charlie, a homemade breakfast!" I told her as I sat her plate down gently on to the table.

"Thanks sweetie~ Here, a tip!" She said as she gave me a $50 tip.

"W-Woah! That's a big tip for one small dish! I-I couldn't!" I told her as I tried to give the money back to her.

"Oh, darling! It is not a big tip. This will help in the medical bill...H-How is Blake by the way?" She asked nervously as she put her book down and pushed her chair in slightly.

"He's fine. Doctor said that his asthma attacks have been reduced but not enough for him to actually breathe normally...yet!" I told her as I softly smiled at her.

"He'll get better soon sweetie! I know he will! He is a fighter, just like you and your mother! How is she?" She asked me as she smiled at me back and cut her bacon into two pieces.

"She's fine. Just a little stressed from work, that's all~" I told her as I kept her tip in the front pocket of my apron.

"That's good Angel~" She laughed softly and I slowly rolled away to let her enjoy her breakfast.

So, the rest of the day, I was giving out orders to Danny and sending out the food. I didn't make much but...at least it puts food on the table.

When my shift ended, I got ready and took my things out of my locker and went to the bus stop near the diner.

As I was walking towards the bus stop, I felt like someone was following me. I quickly walked and I had no choice but to walk faster and suddenly, a hand was covering my mouth and the person was dragging me to a nearby ally.

"HELP! Someone help!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs but the  he panicked and kicked me in the stomach and tied my hands together. He shoved a cloth into my mouth and ripped my clothes. I was crying. I was going to get raped...I was going to die...

Then, suddenly...he fell on top of me...and I was now covered in blood...

I saw a black figure coming towards me and I panicked because I thought he was going to kill me but he slowly took the cloth out of my mouth and untied my hands. He took off his jacket and carried me bridal styled.

I slowly let darkness consume me and he whispered, "I got you baby. It's okay."