And Then the Old World Passed Away...

Ten years. Ten long years have passed and I'm finally home; rather the place I've called home for three hundred years. My decade long crusade was of one simple goal: the eradication of the plague known as Nosferatu. Now I'm home, my pursuit is done. Now comes the real battle: plug back in with Vampire Society. I make my way to Lucard Manor, a massive mansion with looming grounds surrounded by the city. As I approach the gate to the Manor, I am greeted by two familiar faces. Bors and Eva were my last two students I taught before I left, and now they are guarding the gate. They try their best to hide their shock and terror as they recognize me, but I can smell it on them. I only nod at them as they open the gate and let me through. The yard is massive, but it doesn't take me long to cross it to the massive doors, I open them without difficulty. As I enter, I am greeted by an imitation of the Palace of Versailles. French château, marble, and chandeliers everywhere. It seems King Alexander hasn't changed a bit.
The air is filled with smells of expensive perfume and flowers, where silence lasts for only a moment as news of my return reaches the Guard Members inside.

"Lord Farnese is back! He's back!"

I saw a Guard Member running on the second floor to another room.

"Who's Lord Farnese?"

Apparently my absence allowed some to forget about me.

"Lord Dacre!"

I hear a number of gasps and curses; perhaps I haven't been forgotten. As I make my way to the King's council chambers, I see scores of Guard Members poke their heads in and out of hiding; I can only assume they are trying to steal a look at what some of the Guard Members I fought alongside described as a legend, or a God even. As I enter Alexander's chambers, I am greeted by his fanged smile and the straight and rigid bodies of other Guard Members. He waves his hand in the air in his usual commanding fashion.

"Leave us."

The Guard Members bow their heads and left in a hurry. I bow my head to King Alexander, the man who took me in after my father was murdered; they were good friends, the king and my father. Alexander arises from his throne and approaches me with a hug. A short, firm hug, the kind warriors give each other before and after battles, the kind my father and him would share.

"It's good to have you back, Lord Dacre."

I expose a fanged smile in return to him as I pat his shoulder.

"It's been too long, sire, but very much worth the time. The Nosferatu have been all but eliminated."

This brings a bigger smile to the King's face.

"That is most excellent news. We must have a celebration for that and your return."

While I am glad that he is more than happy to celebrate, he seems to forget to give me the answer I really want: Where is my Aleksandra? I've been gone for ten years, I doubt she remembers me.

"How is the princess? I would like to see her, it's been far too long."

The King's smile slowly fades as a Guard Member enters the chamber as I ask, the timing seems too perfect.

"Your majesty, the princess has disappeared again, with that Dmitri."

A frustrated look comes over the King's face as he wipes it with his hand. He then looks at me and smiles to himself.

"Feel like taking your old job back, Lord Dacre?"

I smile at the King.

"In a heartbeat, so to speak."

He nods at me with his signature fanged smile before addressing the Guard Member.

"Fetch whatever equipment Lord Dacre requests, and be fast about it."

The Guard Member salutes goes to ready my equipment. I've come home from ten years of hunting to kill, now I'm hunting to protect. Funny, isn't it? And in case you didn't get the hint by now, with the three hundred years, and fangs, and mentioning vampire society, and being able to smell fear, I'll spell it out for you: We're vampires, welcome to our world.

A/N: I'm probably gonna catch a lot of hate for this, I don't know, but I'm gonna take a risk. I'm tagging author's whose work I've read and liked to see if they will be so kind as to read mine, give feedback if they want, and maybe they could tell others about it. WattVampires for taking my micro fiction and liking it. Weirdly_Sarcastic for the story of the Hybrid. And angeltwist for Married to the end Prince of Darkness. Please don't be mad, I'm just trying to get an audience. I mean, can you really blame me? Thanks in advance!