Hunting Royalty and Other Violent Sports

Finding her the first time was easy, like a cheetah hunting a gazelle. This time, she knows I am hunting her, AND she has help too. Alexander wants to test me, see if I can still be her Somatophylake. There's only three exits that were not here ten years ago, so it's a certainty they'll use one of them. The king gave me new equipment to use, including a pair of sunglasses that can connect me with anyone or anything. With it came an earpiece and a mic, much like a headset. I can use the mic to voice command my sunglases to pull up up the schematic of the mansion, highlighting the three new exits. Two red blips also came up on the mapping grid, Alek and her friend, I was told his name is Dmitri Yusupov, some prince from Russia.

I tagged Alek when she was passed out from discovering my return with her own eyes; when she awoke, she told me about the trauma she suffered because of my sudden disappearance and no one would even acknowledge I existed, making her think she made me up, so far as needed some psychiatrist to help her cope. I apologized for her having to go through that, but before I could explain my absence, the Russian Prince (I think I'll call him The Red Peril) interrupted us with his laugh. When he asked to be alone with Alek, my immediate instinct was "Fuck No" but I remembered the test I needed to take wen in order to resume my duties as Aleksandra's somatophylake. A somatophylake is an elite protector, the best of the best Guard Members. Alek had many, but before my ten year crusade, I was her head somatophylake, chosen by the princess herself at her birth.

More on that later. As I passed Red Peril, I tagged him as well, in case he checked Alek. Soon after I run into the room again and make it to the bathroom just in time for the trapdoor to close. I bang on it to see if he was smart enough to lock it, but as I'm unable to open it, I find myself giving credit to Alek for the locked door. I pull up the schematic again and find both tags are still functioning. The tracking tags make it too easy to track them, but with the stakes this high, I'm not leaving anything to chance. If Alek and Peril get off the mansions grounds before I catch them, not only do I not resume my duties as her Soma, but I will never see her again. That I will not allow.

I smile as I see the two red blips move down one tunnel, straight to the garage; it is the one with the least doors to go through topside, but the one room it makes them go through is the Great Hall. They had balls to take this risk, but unfortunately for them, I don't take risks. I press the button on my sleeve and speak into my mic as I hear it activate.

"Your majesty, meet me in the Great Hall."

I make my way to the Great Hall, racing the two blips on my schematic; they have a a couple turns of a winding tunnel to navigate, where I have a straight line. It's a gamble that won't pay off for them. I just make it to the Great Hall when I hear Alek and the Russian Prince nearing the Hall themselves. I slink back into the shadows of the hall as I press the mics button.

"Keep quiet and stay hidden."

It is never my intention to give the King orders, but I do not have time to be formal over transmissions. I hold my breath as my princess walks right in front of me. Did I just say my princess? She turns her head, scanning the Hall for me. Smart girl, just like I remembered about her. But what I don't remember and what catches me off-guard is the beauty of my princess. There I go again with the "my." When the light hits her face, I am stunned. She's gorgeous, perfectly smooth skin, beautiful blue eyes, and long, full brown hair. For a moment, I forget all about the test, I just want to embrace her, hold her close. I even forgot I was supposed to be hiding from her. I am quickly reminded of that fact as Alek's fist comes flying at me; someone has been training her well in my absence. I managed to use the sleeve I was hiding behind to take the force of the punch before I grab her arm and pull her close to me.

Mine.

Mine? She's the princess, why the hell am I trying to lay claim on her? The thought is pushed into the back of my mind as I could feel the rage pouring off Alek as her father came out of hiding, applauding my victory. The Russian could only stand there in amazement and embarrassment as I am being congratulated. The victory is short lived as Alek storms off, angry as hell, with Dmitri in tow, apologizing his ass off. I could immediately tell it would be bad to let her go alone with him, so I follow quietly and from a distance.

A mistake I will never make again. By the time I made it to the room the entered, That Russian bastard is on top of Alek, kissing her. Kissing MY princess. You know what, fuck it, she IS mine. Rage boils inside me like acid, bubbling up my throat. In a flash, I was in the room, separating the two. Dmitri growls at me, but then submits when he sees me and my blood red eyes. Alek, on the other hand, she didn't hesitate to attack me; that's my princess all right. I block a majority of her strikes, but she manages to get me square in the nose as she distracts me with a kick. Good move. She doesn't stop and keeps hitting my face until Red Peril pulls her off me. Dumb prince, I was just starting to enjoy myself. I wipe my face off and smile at Alek before separating her and Dmitri again, this time by picking her up and taking off to the old wing, Our wing. I open our door and sit her on her old bed as I pull up a chair and sit next to her. I can't help but smile at her as I clean my face. "There's my princess I remember." I soak up her beauty as much as I can in that moment, and I can only think one thing.

I love you, Aleksandra.