Chapter 3-New Promises

'Olivia.. next time you say "blown away" please mention literally.' said Adeen rubbing her back. She turned around only to see her father still lying on the ground, looking like as if death just ponced upon him. He got up rubbing his chest and said 'never, ever, take me by surprise like that'.

They chuckled a bit and then looked up,and saw something so gigantically magnificent that they were almost blinded by its beauty.  The view was so alluring. They had never seen anything like it before.

It was a palace that not even Queen Elisabeth could afford. It was about ten acres large,  a castle like structure with huge windows every ten meters. The walls were covered in white paint and silver designs over it. The entry gates was enormous enough for them to break their necks trying to find its top and was made of real silver. This was by far the most beautiful building they had ever seen.

"Mr. And ms McCartner, welcome to Asphodel. The world's only surviving magic school." Olivia's loud words snapped them back to reality from it's charm.

"I started studying here about half a year ago. We were on a term break when I was chased down by that guardian." Said Oliva to Adeen who was still looking at the school.

"so what do you think of it? asked oliva, hoping adeen would stay.

'Its beautiful' They awed in unison.

'So are you convinced, Mr. Carter? Your daughter will be safe' said Oliva 

"so if half the year is done already how can she join now? Shouldn't she wait a little longer and join the next academic year?" questioned Mr. Carter

"Well, I'm not the one you need to ask that question. Ask the headmistress. come on ill show you around."

Adeen and Oliva walked further while Mr. Carter stood still. upon being questioned he just seem puzzled. 

"What's wrong dad? Come on!"

"I can't..." His voice lowered as he stretched his hand out.

When he did so, they understood what actually was going on. There was a barrier, an invisible wall. Adeen reached her hand out to touch her dad's but the wall prevented it. It was as if it grew thicker as they tried harder to connect with each other. They then pulled apart, bewildered. 

"I didn't know about this wall, I'm sorry Mr. Carter, you can't come with us any further" said oliva pulling Adeen forward.

They walked into the gates, to be stunned even more. Behind those doors lied a world unearthed. The smell of freshly cut grass, clear skies and outrageous fountains gave Adeen a new meaning to life: Hope.

A few meters from there lied a bunch of brilliantly architected buildings. The place had everything needed to survive in luxury. the colours of the buildings complimented the gates. Everything here seemed perfect, like a small utopia in itself. It felt like real magic, like something Adeen had never experienced it before. 

"This place is just the definition of beautiful" Adeen awed. "I'm definitely coming here"  

'Good, go pack, you only have three hours to leave'

'oh man... i just unpacked'.

*******************************

Adeen walked into her new "life" as she called it. She wore laymen's clothes, an oversized tee, paired with jeans accented with a flannel and boots. Her first day hadn't even begun when she walked past the training alley trying to get to her room. She was escorted by some seniors, they showed her around. The training alley seemed intense. They fought as though their lives depended on it. Walked past a green room full of weapons, enough to start world war again. they Walked past wind resisters where they learn to use their magic. 

Adeen then saw the gravity of this place. As beautiful it may seem, as peace loving it looked, there was more to it. Death and destruction was common in a place like this, a place where magic isn't a joke. It was a place of both, utopia and reality, a fusion, mankind could never make. A power surged through these walls, the power of strengths and weaknesses. And that is when Adeen realized that she was both in reality and imagination.

These thoughts kept hovering inside her when there came a girl. She was about 15 as old as Adeen. She had blue eyes and a streak of golden hair while the rest of it was dark. she wore a white sleeveless t shirt and some jeans and held a suitcase in her hand.

"Hi! I'm sam. You must be new here." she introduced herself.

"hey, it's adeen."

"I'm in all your classes so we'll be seeing each other a lot. Since half the year is almost over, I've been assigned to help you out initially."

"oh woah, alright! Do you where my room is?"

"no, but let's find out"