Chapter 4

Selene was walking through the corridor as she heard the announcemnent of the principal, "Students, this is your principal. I know you're all wondering about the accident last night in one of our busses," he said, "While the police tries to determinate what happened, classes will proceed as usual. Thank you."

She looked at her watch and realised she had to be in class soon, so she went in the right direction, noticing Jackson's wrecked locker.

She had her first class of the day with Scott and Stiles, in which they were discussing what could've happened, "Raw?" Scott asked after hearing Stiles' remark of him eating a rabbit he could have killed that night.

"No, you stopped to bake it in a little werewolf oven," Stiles told him sarcastically.

They were later seperated by the teacher, but not for long. A girl, seated near the window screamed upon seeing something near the ravaged bus. Everyone else stood up to see what it was: a very wounded man being carried out on a stretcher.

***

In the cafeteria, she looked around for a place to sit, eventually sitting down at an empty table. She glanced over to the table where Scott was seated, listening to their conversation about the victim, waiting for a chance to talk to him alone.

Because of Lydia, they started talking about their plans for the next day, when they were going to hang out on their dubble date. After they agreed on bowling, she moved towards them, poking Scott on the shoulder, "Can I talk to you, in private?"

Scott nodded and stood up, "I'll be back as soon as possible."

Jackson asked where they were going, to which Selene said, "None of your business, Whitmore."

Selene took Scott to an abandoned corridor, looking around to see if there was anyone who could hear them. She got straight to the point, "You think you did it, don't you?"

"What?"

"Don't play dumb, you know what I'm talking about. That man who was severely wounded. You think you're the one responsible."

"What if I was?"

"Then I'd say there's still a chance someone else could've done it. The Alpha, the one who bit you. Whoever it is could very well be the one responsible," she explained, "By the way, you haven't told him about me, have you?"

Scott shook his head, knowing exactly who she was talking about. "Good," was all she said, "And you're not going to tell him either."

No matter how confused Scott was about what she had said, she decided not to question it and just listen to the blonde girl. He knew she could tear him apart whenever she wanted, literally.

***

Her mum was home early and Selene was able to eat together with her for the first time that week, "So I've heard about that attack last night, and I've also seen the victim," the woman started.

"I don't know who did it, mum," Selene interrupted her, "All I know is who could've done it."

"And who's that?"

"Jack."

"Darling," mrs Accalia started, "how many times do I have to tell you not to worry about him? I'm sure those are just empty threats."

"He seemed to be pretty serious about it..."

She tried to convince her that there was absolutely no way he could've found them and that they were perfectly safe. However, Selene wasn't convinced, she still believed he had found a way to track them down, "He shouldn't even have my phone number," she reasoned, "I changed it when we moved here."