Chapter 11

Jackson was at the hospital, trying to hear what the doctor's were saying about the still unconcious Selene. There was something strange about her and he was close to figuring it out.

"That's strange," a female nurse, "I've found a poison in her body, though it shouldn't have this effect on humans."

The doctor treating her looked at what the nurse had written on the board. It was strange indeed, the liquid wasn't created for humans, it was used on animals, such as dogs.

"We should run a couple more tests, just to be certain," he concluded, "This reaction is unnatural."

As they started discussing the possibilities, a nurse called out to Jackson, telling him the doctor was ready to see him for his condition.

"Excuse me doctor, but can I know more about what's going on with my daughter?" Mrs. Accalia's voice rang out. She had just been released, she could rest more at home.

However, she wasn't going home just yet. She knew someone who could help Selene out, someone who knew a lot about animals and the supernatural.

An old friend of hers, by the name of Alan Deaton.

***

When Selene was released from the hospital, having woken up miraculously, after a visit from her mother, it was time for the usual 'welcome home' ritual.

After someone was released from the hospital, mostly her, the person who had been sick would get to choose what was for dinner and would regain health by snacking whilst watching a horror movie with everyone else.

She had done it with her mother a couple times before, they were the ones who came up with the idea in the first place.

"You know how the mother makes their daughter watch a romantic movie once they return home?" Mrs. Accalia asked the ten year old girl, "I don't like that. I'm not a fan of those cliché movies they all seem to love."

"Me neither," Selene said, "I prefer action, and blood and I like to be scared!"

Mrs. Accalia smiled, "I've got an idea!" she beamed, "You're going to love it, I promise you that!"

"Don't go in there, you idiot!" Mrs. Accalia yelled at the TV as Selene shoved some chocolate in her mouth.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" she yelled when all was swallowed.

The main character of the movie they were watching was making his way through a haunted house, where there was a ghost of a woman trying to kill him.

"No! Not the dog!" Clara cried out when the dog was found dead by its owner.

As the movie continued, all three members of the family yelled at the tv occasionaly, since the man in the film was the biggest idiot ever.

***

The next day, Selene decided to try and call Derek to tell him who the Alpha was, yet she couldn't reach him. She sighed after a third attempt to call him and decided she should just walk to his house.

"And where are you going?" Clara asked, "You're in no position to go for a workout."

"I'm only going for a walk," Selene retorted, "Perhaps some jogging."

Before Clara could say anything else, she left the house and ran towards the forest.

Once she reached Derek's place, she found him inside, "Hey, Derek, this may sound crazy but I know who the Alpha is," she stated, "It's--"