Chapter 16

"I'm telling you, Stiles, I'm fine," Selene said as the two of them were scaling the wall in P.E. "It's healed."

He scoffed. "It was a silver bullet laced with wolfsbane, I remember last time something like that hit you and you felt its effects for days."

She sighed and said, "Alright, it hasn't completely healed yet, but it's healing at a steady pace and I don't feel too much pain, so I'm fine." She smiled. "You're starting to sound like my mother."

"I doubt that."

"Feel free to do as you wish." At that point, she had reached the top of the wall and jumped off. "No more admiring the view for you."

After them, it was Erica's turn to scale the wall with a boy Selene remembered from the lacrosse team. For him, climbing the wall was easy. For Erica, it was not.

"Coach, something's wrong," Selene said after hearing the blonde girl starting to hyperventilate. "Erica, are you alright?"

She nodded, "I'm fine." It didn't sound convincing at all and it only made everyone worry more.

"Erica, are you dizzy? Is it vertigo?" Coach asked.

"Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear," Lydia told him, "She's just freaking out."

After hearing from Allison that the girl in question was epileptic and therefore, it might not be safe for her to do this, Finstock instructed her to come down and let the harness catch her.

Selene walked with her friends to her next class, talking about the creature that had attacked Scott.

"So, about that thing last night," Stiles stated, "What exactly did you see at Isaac's place?"

"We couldn't see that much of it, but it had a tail," Allison explained, "Do you have any idea what it could have been? Do werewolves grow tails?"

"For as far as I know, they don't," Selene replied, "From what I heard, it didn't bear much resemblance to a wolf either."

After her last class, Selene walked towards the dressing room for lacrosse training, only to be pushed against the wall by Jackson. "Wasn't scaring the shit out of Lydia enough for you?" she asked him, "Or are you going to try and force the information you oh so desperately 'need' out of me?"

"Accalia! What did Lydia to me so that the bite doesn't seem to affect me?"

Selene pushed away his arms and started walking. "Be glad it hasn't killed you yet. You know, that happens from time to time."

Jackson grabbed her arm. "What's going on? Why isn't it working?"

Selene pushed the boy against a wall of lockers. She didn't approve of his tone and attitude towards her. She had made it obvious she would answer his questions (if she had the answer) in her own time. "There are many things wrong with you, Jackson," she started, "You're selfish and too nosy for your own good. I don't have all the answers and you should just accept the situation if you wish to survive."

She then walked off, having left a mark shaped like a hand on his neck. She might have held him down a bit too hard. "Dammit!" Jackson exclaimed before heading to lacrosse training as well.

"Listen up. Anybody sees Isaac Lahey, you immediately tell the principal," Coach Finstock said in the locker room, "Get a teacher, or you call me. Except for you, Greenberg. Don't call me for anything. I'm not kidding. Don't call me. You shouldn't even have my number."

"So... Are we supposed to do anything to help Isaac?" Scott questioned.

"It's Derek's problem now," Stiles replied.