Chapter 2

As Galatea noticed Polyphemus and his flock she was terrified.

She jumped back to the waves and swam back to the depths of the ocean.

"Wait!" Polyphemus called out.

~~~

"Amphitrite you traitor! Why'd you leave me in the shores?!"

"Sorry Gal, I saw Polyphemus and I was too terrified to wait for you."

"I caught sight of the ugly cyclops as well and he was about to attack me!"

"Good thing you escaped Gal, I'm sorry..."

Galatea swam away and hoped to forget that ugly sight.

~~~

Back in the island of Sicily, Polyphemus thought about Galatea.

His mind and heart only spoke of her, hoping to see and win the heart of the most beautiful nereid he had ever seen.

~~~

The lovely nereid, Galatea accidentally washed herself back to the shores of Sicily and there she was terrified to see the beast.

She was about to leave when she saw...

The most handsome youth she had ever seen. She fell in love with the young shepherd who was with his flock.

She wanted to talk to him but he was leaving in case Polyphemus strolls by.

She decided to come back another day for the name of the young man.

That night, Galatea thought abouy Acis.

"Gal, I heard the cyclops calling out your name," one of the nereid said.

"Polyphemus? I love somebody else."

"Really? Poor Polyphemus. Do you think that youth loves you just as the cyclops love you?"

"I still love that man, more than anyone else actually."