Happy Birthday?

Well today's the big day. My 17th birthday. And Eli says he's gonna make it memorable.

The last time he said something like that he bought a clown man for $5 an hour. I cried

I'm scared of those things, especially after I saw the movie IT when I was a kid. I'm kinda scared to see what he's gonna do this year.

I get outta bed, Saturday morning, and all I wanna do is watch Lord of the Rings.

I go downstairs to see Eli and my mom talking secretively in the kitchen table.

Oh, man.

Are they plotting revenge on me from the time I put shaving cream on her hand and tickled her nose?

Or are they planning on getting rid of all my chocolate milk?!?

OH, MY GOSH, PLEASE NO

"Oh hey, Sky. you're up early," my mom greeted me with a smile, "we were just talking about something we have for your birthday,"

Ohmygosh I knew it.

My chocolate milk stash.

"Yeah, we're getting you a friend!" Eli blurted out and my mom tried to shush him.

"Oh pa-pshh-hshh ahahaha-a oh, Eli, you-you," she tries to whisper to him "shut up, its supposed to be a surprise!"

"Oh yeah! Haha, Sky, I'm just kiddin'. We-we are getting you a cat... yeah," he tried to cover up.

"I'm allergic to cats, remember?"

"Oh ha, sweetie, he didn't mean cat--he meant.. hat. we're getting you a hat. For your head."

"Mom?"

"Yes, darling?"

"I'm going back to bed. Wake me up when September ends, please and thank you."

"Aw don't be a party pooper, sis, it's your birthday! Live your dreams! Eat a burrito! Buy a yo-yo!" Blake nearly screams as he comes out of the bathroom and puts his arm around me.

"...Did you wash you hands?"

"...." Blake froze and didn't even blink.

Then quickly turned around and headed back to the bathroom.

"That's ma boy," my mom says in a low, happy, nearly crying voice.

This is gonna be a looong day..

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Blake said we were going somewhere so I got dressed and when I came downstairs I was snatched and blindfolded.

By Blake.

He took me to his car and he started driving, "You're in for a surprise tonight!"

"Can I take off the blindfold? It smells like your gym socks,"

"Nooooo, that takes the fun out of everything!" Blake whined.

"So where are we going then?" I questioned.

"Now, if I told you it wouldn't be a surprise dumby," he teased.

"Point taken,"

Blake turned on the radio to his talk show station, "Oh, god, noo,"

"Don't whine, it's not becoming of you hehehe,"

"If you are gonna force me to sit in your car, we are not listening to Dave Ramsey talk about how he saves his money, I'll have a breakdown by the end of our car ride,"

"Okay, okay, fine," he changed the station and when he heard a Taylor Swift song he sang along.

Loudly.

"NOW IM LYIN' ON THE COLD HARD GROUND! OH, OH, TOUBLE, TROUBLE, TROUBLE! OH, OH, TROUBLE, TROUBLE, TROUBLE!"

I laughed, even though I don't like Taylor all that much, I didn't mind. To be honest, he has such an angelic voice, it's so graceful.

I, on the other hand, sound like a squirrel being chased by a lawn mower.

"NO APOLOGIES! HE'LL NEVER SEE YOU CRY!! PRETEND HE DOESN'T KNOW THAT HE'S THE REASON WHY!!!"

•••••••••••••••••••••••

"How long have we been in here?"

"About 4 hours,"

How did I not notice it being this long?

I guess I was in some sort of magical trance Blake had put me in with his singing of a thousand angels.

"Where are you taking me, Utah?!"

"Ahahaha no! But we're almost at our destination!"

"How much longer?"

He parks the car, ".0 seconds"

I excitedly took off my blind fold with the biggest grin ever aaaand then it was gone.

"WE'RE BACK AT THE HOUSE?!?"

Blake slowly shook his head, smiling with squinty eyes, "Aww yeah,"

I sunk into my seat, "Whyy,"

"Well I had to get you out if the house somehow! I mean, I can't take you to a friend's house or anything, geez,"

Point taken.

I open the door and head for my house wondering what could possibly take this long to keep me away.

I reach for the door handle and froze.

What if when I open the door, my mom hits me with a pie? Or a monkey jumps out on me and hits me with a pie?

What if I step on a pie? Or worse.. two pies?!

I didn't wanna step on a couple of pies, so when I walked in I kept my head down scanning the floor for the dreadful pie.

"Sky, sweetie, what the heck are you doing?" my mom wondered.

"Where are the pies?!" I freaked.

"What? No! No pies this year. Just look up!" she sounded really excited.

I looked up and sitting on my couch next to my mother was-- a cute boy?