Chapter 1 - Skittles

The bus was crazy. Everyone was screaming at the top of their lungs. "We're going on a trip, watch me nae-nae, watch me whip! And then hit the-"It was only a matter of time before Skyler got annoyed. "Shut the hell up everyone!" she shouted, louder than the whole of Year 11. They paused for a second but continued, even louder. "Get your dab on! Climb aboard, then hit the-" I turned back round to face Skyler in front of me.  "I'm beginning to think everyone's on drugs..." I sighed. Skyler began to talk sarcastically, I didn't really listen but I'm pretty sure she called me a bitch. "But you're the girl on cocaine, Sky." I smiled at her. I heard a shout coming from in front. 

"You're going down Jacks!" Skyler said.

"Not if I get you first Grey!" I replied, reaching forward.

I don't remember much but I do remember that I nudged Indigo and sent her skittles flying forward onto the floor. "Save the skittles for the people who deserve it!" Indigo and Melissa shouted in unison and both dived to the floor like dolphins to fish. "Five second rule!" Indigo said as she ate every skittle left on the floor, just as Mrs Green walked by our row. 

She's one of those teachers who reacts to your mood. You're behaving well? She's nice. You're trying to be rebellious? She'll give you instant detention. She's just like that and I'm pretty sure you'll have a teacher like that. I remember when she barged into the girl's changing room just to inform us about a punctuation mistake we had made on our essays. Honestly, I can't believe English lit teachers. Anyway, back to the story.

"Any skittles left for me, girls?" She said in a jokey way. I thought she was just kidding but clearly not. She confiscated the skittles and didn't return them. I'm pretty sure I saw her eating them though. 

The rest of the journey was pretty okay. It was just your average Year 11 bus journey. Loud. At least we didn't get into any more trouble, for now.

Everyone was warned not to eat their food on the bus, but Nichola was opening a pack of Jammie Dodgers and they all tumbled to the ground, just as the bus came to an abrupt stop. She screamed in frustration and warned Mrs Green that if she didn't get a new pack, she would get her dad, the school governer, to fire her. Mrs Green hurried to pick up the Jammie Dodgers and spoke in a polite shaky voice to Nichola. "I'll thank your father not to fire me Nichola. I assure you that I will pay for a new pack with money from my own pocket Miss Jones." Trying to compose herself, she turned away with the fallen Jammie Dodgers, brushed her trousers with her hands and went to bin them. Indigo sighed. "What a waste..." 

We got off the bus and the driver opened the compartment contaning every single suitcase. I found mine, decorated with ribbons and stripes all over. I knew that it was like no-one else's because dad insisted he decorate a plain suitcase. He's always been a lover of DIY but sometimes he takes it too far, like the time he made a resolution to make a shelf in summer. That clearly didn't work because when I had Skyler over, it all came falling down, but at least I didn't get killed. Even if it meant some bruises.

So this was it. We were here. No turning back now. Stranded for a week. We all walked through the gates to the great hall, where all the instructors stood, waiting for us. I heard a voice start to read out the list. It was so long before I got my room. Cheviot 1. I looked around for Skyler but found her talking to Mr Hurst. She was in Cheviot 2, I knew because I was listening out for her name. I thought we would have been put with Indigo and Melissa in Waterford but there seemed to be a mix-up. I told Skyler we were in the same section after she came back, and so she had clearly had an awkward conversation for nothing. We walked slowly upstairs when she paused and said in a serious voice "Mr Hurst said we have presents." quoting the word present with her fingers. We stared at each other before running faster than Lewis Hamilton's formula one car. We got to our section, after Skyler hit her head on the low door frame. "Well Sky, I guess we're here now." I patted her on the back and we both opened a different  door to each other and shut it behind us...