Chapter 5

His name was Josh. I was having fun laughing and joking with him until... Alex showed up. And to make matters worse... He was with Stacy. That slut. I forgot to tell you, she was my friend. Notice I said was. She knew Alex and I were dating and she still went out with him and tried to act like she had no idea we were dating. Josh noticed I had drifted away in this train of thought and interrupted, "hey, you alright?"
"Yeah, sorry. Well not really- my ex just walked in."
"Oh no," he sympathised, "that's terrible," he added.
"Yeah, well to make matters worse he has come with the person he cheated on me with."
"Oh no," he sympathised, again.
"And she was my friend."
"Oh no. That happened to me too."
"Yeah well he's coming over, brace yourself."
"Hey," Alex started.
"Hi," I said inquisitively, "what do you want?"
"I just wanna apologise again."
"Yeah, well it seems you're happy. Already gotta new girl on the go. You just don't care enough to break it off."
"Well it seems you don't biach," Stacy added.
"Actually, yes she has," Josh chimed in at the perfect moment, "I'm her new boyfriend, Josh. Now we'd very much appreciate it if you would leave us to have our drinks in peace."
"Whatever, common Alex."