Chapter Four

S A S H A

Tok, tok, tok, tok, tok.

I sat up from the couch I was napping in and went to open the door. I peeked through the hole and saw Shan laughing and smiling at a petite, faux red head girl. She looks familiar.

"...fun night, Katie. Do you want to come in?"

"Nah. It's really late."

The girl stood on tippy-toes and pecked Shan's lips. "Night, Mitchell." She winked.

"Night, Stevens."

Then it hit me. Well, more like it fell from the space station and it fell on me. Katie. Katie Stevens. The bitch from Faking It. Is she shitting me? Before she left, I swung the door open and glared at Ms. Butt-Ugly-Bitch.

"Oh, I didn't know your ex-wife was here, Shannon." She snickered.

"And whore- who are you?" I scoffed.

She smiled innocently. "Katherine Mari Stevens. You can call me Katie." She extended her hand as if waiting for me to shake it.

I looked at her hand disgustedly. Who knows what she touched? Maybe cow's shit. Or some magic love potion that made Shay like her.

"My hand is too delicate. It might get cut by your callouses." I rolled my eyes.

I expected her to attack me and start a scene but she just ignored my remark and looked at Shay lovingly. Shay took her hand and kissed it. What? My jaw dropped and I glared at them. Seriously? In front of me? They act like some lovesick teenage couple that just got together. Ew.

But somehow, somewhere deep in my heart, I know I should be the one that Shay looks at like that. I was just too stupid to appreciate my now ex-wife.

"Bye, Miss Mitchell. Say good night to Avery and Ashley for me." Bitchface winked.

Shan nodded and waved one last time. Bitchface left and Shan glared at me once her car was out of sight. She grunted as she pushed past me to get through the door and plopped on the couch I slept in. "Well? Aren't you going to leave?" She snickered.

I cleared my throat. "It's one in the morning. You expect me to drive home at this hour? What kind of person are you?"

I knew I said the wrong thing when she stood up from her position and crossed her arms. "What kind of person am I? What kind of person are you? You have no right to crash in my house. You have no right to my kids, but I let them give you a chance. And don't get me started on the 'we're friends and I'm helping you' shit because we're certainly not. You're not friends with the girls and you're not friends with the kids! As far as I'm concerned, they're disgusted by you. I'm-!"

I shut her up by kissing her hard and rough. Standing on my toes ad I did. At first she hesitated but I felt her slender arms wrap my waist slowly and cautiously as if she was in a dream and she was afraid if she made a wrong move, she would wake up and I would be gone. My shaking hands found it's way to her brown curls and I tugged on them, sending her the message "I want more". She pushed me to the couch and straddled me, unbuttoning my flannel. She put her hands under my bra and pinched my nipples, causing me to moan out loud.

She groped and squeezed my breasts as my lips went to her neck, sucking and licking until I was satisfied and assured she was mine again. I was about to unbutton her jeans when she froze. "Stop." She whispered firmly. "You can't do this to me. I had enough."

She stood up from her position and raked a hand through her soft brown curls. She was nervous and angry and undecided, causing her to drown in her confusion and march back and forth. I slowly rose from the couch and fixed my flannel, scratching the back of my neck in shock and fear. Fear she would reject me again. She slowly faced me and stared into my eyes, her brown ones boring into mine with a thousand accusations.