Intro/Chapter 1

Characters:
Sophie Carson~ 15 years old
Long blonde hair
Bright blue eyes
With freckles on the bridge of her nose

Shawn Mendes~ 15 years old
Light brown hair
Dark green/brown eyes

Shawn and Sophie are neighbors and live in Tampa, Florida. Shawn has a older sister named Karley and Sophie has a twin brother named Noah. For as long as they can remember, Sophie and Shawn have been best friends. It all started on the day that the Carson's moved into their new house about 13 years ago.

Present day- Sophie POV

It was the first day of summer, the first year of high school was a success...well I guess you can say that. I got all A's in school and was considered as a "teachers pet". My best friend Shawn on the other hand is the most popular guy in the school. Everyone wants to date him. I mean I guess he has the looks, but other than that once you get to know him I don't understand why ANYONE would want to go out with Shawn... well I guess I can't really say that. I was getting ready to go swimming with Shawn at the beach, our daily routine in the summer. I put on my tribal print bikini, with plain black swim bottoms. I threw my hair into a messy bun and grabbed a towel and with my mint blue sunglasses.

To: Shawn🤘🏻💙
Ready to go??
From: Shawn🤘🏻💙
Yep sorry I was eating.
To: Shawn🤘🏻💙
Ha. No surprise, I'll meet u at ur house.
From: Shawn🤘🏻💙
K.

I walk over to Shawn's house which is only one away from mine and knock at the door.
"Hey Shawn!"
"Soph! Long time no see." Then he gives me a hug. I love his hugs they always cheer you up, just like his smile. Ok so I know what you are thinking, and I have to admit, I've had a crush on Shawn since forever, but we will never workout. He just doesn't feel the same about me, or at least I think, I haven't really asked him about it. I smile back and hug him.
"Very funny Mendes, I just saw you like 14 hours ago"
"Don't remind me..." He says teasing. We walk over to the beach and set up our stuff.

•••

We play beach volleyball and football in the water. Then we lay out in the sun to dry off and tan.
"So how was your summer break going so far?" Shawn asks me.
"Well considering it just started like 15 hours ago pretty good" I laugh.
"Well you know what would make mine better...food!!" Shawn says getting up.
"Ok well how about some Mc Dankss" I said laughing. We get up and grab our stuff, Shawn takes my hand and we walk to his house.

(THANKS FOR READING MY FIRST CHAPTER!! Aye this is my first book so any tips or ideas I would love! This was a long chapter and not that interesting sorry😬 I had to introduce them and stuff but more coming soon!)