Chapter 6- Stay The Night

Luckily Mrs Trent had called us in to just help her go through some of Lucas things. Not to tell me off for back chatting to the old ladies. Thank god.

She wanted us to choose anything that we may have wanted to keep. Chad chose one of Lucas' hats that he had got him for his birthday. Chad said it held funny memories of his and Lucas time spent together as Lucas used to wear it whenever he could. It was his signature look.

Chad said one of his favourite memories was when they went to a theme park for the day and went on one of the worlds fastest roller coasters together.

Chad said he had warned Lucas to not wear it on the ride and that he would loose it but Lucas had claimed he had bad bed hair and refused to take it off.

Lucas and Chad had searched the theme park for 3 hours looking for the stupid hat that had flew off half way round the ride. They finally found it but Chad never let Lucas live it down that he had been right.

I chose one of his favourite t shirts that I always loved him wearing. And he always loved me wearing it too.

I flopped down on my bed clutching at the t shirt that held lovely memories of Lucas. It still smelt of him. It smelt like soap and his Calvin Klein aftershave he always wore.

I slipped my clothes off replacing them with Lucas t shirt before going into my en-suite bathroom to brush my teeth.

I froze. Stopping the toothbrush mid brush.

I could hear something it felt like a soft tapping noise.

I finished off brushing my teeth and walked into my bedroom scanning the room.

I heard it again.

It sounded like the noise Lucas caused when he was throwing stones at my window trying to get my attention before climbing the trellis to my room.

I was loosing the plot.

It must have been the trauma of his funeral today.

I was hearing things that weren't real.

I switched the light off and climbed into bed pulling the covers over me before staring at the dark ceiling my mind racing of memories of Lucas.

I heard it before I saw it.

The harsh sound of the window sliding up before a body flew into my window thudding on the floor.

I screamed.

What the fuck! Not only was I hearing things I was seeing them too.

I saw the dark silhouette of someone who looked exactly like Lucas. I ran up and switched on the light. My heart was hammering in my chest. I looked down to the floor to see Chad clutching his chest rolling on the floor laughing quietly to himself.

I whispered loudly at him "Chad!" "What the hell are you doing." "You scared the bloody crap out of me."

He was still lying on the floor breathing in and out heavily when my mum called up the stairs "Daisy" her voice sounded panicked and I could hear the stairs creaking as she walked up them. "Daisy are you ok? What's wrong?"

I looked at chad wide eyed. "Shit." He had said it before I had a chance to.

"Quick hide" I whispered at him. He frantically searched for somewhere to go running back and forth across my room.

I rolled my eyes at him "hide in the bathroom you idiot" I said holding back a laugh.

He ran into the bathroom closing the door behind him. I saw his hat on the floor so I quickly kicked it out of eye sight just as my mum entered the room her eyes flicked from me to around my room. "Are you ok daisy?" she asked questionably