chapter 2

Dan

After school was over with Dan decides to go to the gas station. However before going inside he sees a sign on the door.

This man is banned from the store:

Daniel James Howell (known shoplifter)

Dan sighs. He's used to this. There's a bunch of signs around town just like this one.

He wishes that his family wasn't so poor. He just wants a normal life like everyone else. He knows that will not happen anytime soon.

Dan's father works at a fast food restaurant. Alot of jobs won't accept him for some reason Dan never knew.

His mother on the other hand is handicapped. A few years back, she was involved in a severe car crash. She was lucky enough to survive. The crash gave her brain damage and put her paralyzed from the waist down.

Dan's father is trying his best. With the low paying job and having to take care of his wife.

Dan and his father take care of his brother Josh. Dan's father can't always be there for Josh so that's where Dan steps in. Josh doesn't know that Dan steals and Dan thinks it's best for him not to.He doesn't want his brother to think of him in a bad way.

Dan walks home playing music on his phone. His house wasn't far. Dan arrived 5 minutes after.

He was greeted by Josh.He ran and pulled Dan into a hug.

"DAN YOUR HOME!"Josh yelled with excitement.

Dan loved when his brother was happy.No matter how bad the conditions were at home he would always smile.

"Hey lil bro,"Dan says,"how was school?"

"It was great I made a new friend. His name is Harry."Josh says.

Dan showed a smile on his face.He wishes that he could have a good day at school like Josh does.Instead he has people judging him for what he does.

He can't blame them though. What he does is wrong. They don't know about his life at home and why he does it.

After having a conversation with his brother,he heads upstairs to his parents room.

He gives a slight knock on the door and opens it. He spots his mother watching TV on her bed.

"Hey mum," Dan says quietly. He walks over to her bed and plants a kiss on her head.

"Hey...Dan?"his mother replies with. Her brain damage wasn't as bad but sometimes she would forget names.

Dan nodded."It's me, Dan," he answers,"How are you feeling?"

"I'm doing fine," she said.

"That's good,I'll tell you when dinners ready,"Dan said.

"Okay D-Dean?" His mother asked.

Dan signs."It's Dan,mum."He exits the room and walks to his room. It's sad to see his mother like that. He wishes that his mother never got in that car one day.

Dan was five when this incident happened.He had begged his mom for a new toy. That day, she finally agreed to go out and get it with her friend.

The rest of the Howell family was alerted of this by the police. His mom was lucky to survive. Her friend however, did not survive.

Dan's father took alot of time off work to take care of his wife. His boss was a complete arse and fired him. It took him a long time to find a job.He eventually found a job working fast food.

Dan regrets asking for the toy. He blames himself for the accident. He would do anything to go back and change everything.

As soon as he walks in his room,he falls on his bed. He grabbed his computer and listened to music while scrolling on tumblr.

This is your fault Dan.

This is why your family is poor!It's all because of you!

Dan ignores these thoughts in his head.A few hours past and he decides to make dinner.

°°°
After dinner was made, everyone came downstairs to heat. Dan took up cooking since his father would be working late some days. Dan made tacos with the last of meat they had.

He served his mum,dad,and brother a taco. Dan heads upstairs after. He wasn't really hungry.

Dan heads upstairs and looks in the mirror.

This is me. A criminal loser with no friends. Why did I end up this way. I always harm innocent people.

Dan thinks back to earlier when that Phillip or Phil kid helped him up. He seemed interested into talking to me until his friend came over and pulled him away.

Maybe Dan was wrong.Nobody likes him.There was something different about Phil.

Why did he want to talk to me of all people?

***
AU:Hey guys I hoped you enjoy chapter 2. What are your thoughts so far on the story? I really like this one tbh and I can't wait to write more. You could always follow my instagram phans.angels or lazyagb I share them both with my friend

Bye babes💕