The 2016 NHL Draft

*picture of Kate's dress*
Kate's POV
Today is the day. I'm officially going to be drafted. I sit in bed wondering what the day is going to be like. What team am I going to be on? What pick will I be? And most importantly.... Will I be treated right? I'll be the first girl in the NHL, my hopes are high. I get out of bed and head downstairs for breakfast.
"Hey mom!" I say
"Oh hello sweetie! How is my NHL girl?!?" My mom says while hugging me.
"I'm nervous" I say
"Oh Kate, you have so many people rooting for you! You're whole hockey team is going to be there for you, and so are we." She says
"Thanks mom, I love you." I give her a kiss on the cheek.
"Oh Kate! We have to buy you and outfit for the draft tonight, they want you at the Draft @4pm to sign some papers and do some interviews!"
"Alright, I'll go change and then we will go shopping" I said while running up the stairs.
*at the mall*
"Hey mom, what am I suppose to wear at something like this? A dress? A suit? Pajamas???" I said with a little chuckle.
" I think you should wear a dress, it will make you stand out, well you already do anyways, but it'll just show who you are." She said
We walk over to Sax Fifth Avenue and try on some dresses, I want a short, yet conservative, black dress. I finally found one hat says
"MMHM this girl is bout to get drafted!"
Okay maybe not that, but it feels right.
*later that night*
I'm shaking, literally shaking. My family and I are on our way to go to the draft. I have 20 interviews in 1 hour and I have to sign 10 pages of contracts. We arrive at the draft center and I look out my window and see,
"Welcome to the 2016 NHL Draft! Where the best are chosen from around the world."
Okay that sign might be pretty cool, but my nerves peek even more. We pull up to the front door and I hope out with my black dress on and a little purse. I immediately am blinded from cameras. I'm not used to this. I try my best and smile for the cameras. Along my way in an interviewer pulls me aside.
"Kate! Over here!"
It's ESPN!
"Can we just borrow you for 5 minutes?"
"Sure!"
"Hello ESPN fans, I'm Mike Brown and this is Kate Barns! Kate is the first girl in NHL history to be drafted onto a team, how do you feel tonight Kate?" He says while shoving the mic in my face.
"Well mike, I feel great! I'm representing not only my family and friends, but the girls out there, it's a lot to take in, but I'm doing it for them."
"Kate that's so good to hear! Well we will let you go, you are obviously going to be very busy tonight, one last question. Do you know what team you are on?"
"No mike, but as of right now, and forever I will be an Easton High Hockey player, tonight when they announce my name, will be the first time I will ever hear my new team."
"Thank you for your time Kate!" Mike said
"My pleasure" I say while looking ahead at the big doors that read.
"Here is where legends are made"

To be continued....

Well I hope you all liked this chapter, I have had a lot going on, but I promise to try and write more.
Until next time
-A