THIS MEANS WAR

Aurine

I came home to Mike pacing the floor on the phone. It sounded like he was getting the team ready for war. I said that I wanted to be apart of this but was I ready for a war. I killed inside a secluded area. Was I prepared to cover and protect. Once he was off the phone I started asking questions. Mike who is Marcus?

Mike

Take a seat Aurine let me tell you a story. When I was 14 years old I came home from school one day to my dad beating my mom. Now this wasn't unfamiliar. He beat her a lot but that day he was trying to kill her and I could tell. I always kept a pocket knife on me. My brother gave it to me for protection on my walks home from school. They were about a hour long each day and I was always alone so it made since to carry one. Anyway he hit her one good time in the bathroom , she hit her head on the tub and fell to the floor. She wasn't responding but that didn't stop him from bending over to continue to hit her. I blacked out next thing I know, I was running towards him with the pocket knife. He didn't even hear me coming because he was focused on her. I stabbed him right in the neck. I went to grab a phone to call an ambulance for my mom. Then I went back into the bathroom to be with her . She was still alive just knocked out. I sat and stared into his eyes until he took his last breath. I then whispered in her ear it's over now, she rested in my arms until the police came. They took me to jail that day. I was sentenced to two years. While I was in this little chick I messed with told me she was pregnant and that the baby was mines. I told my brother about her and he promised to take care of them until I got out. That's exactly what he did. After me getting locked up, mom being in the hospital and dad dying. My brother made a decision to be in the streets. My son, his mother and my brother had to eat. While playing a dice game he met Marcus. He and Marcus got into a little beef over some money. One thing lead to another. At some point the two ran into each other and tried to solve the problem with a fight. My brother whooped Marcus up and down the street. My brother walked away and decided to let the beef go. Marcus had other plans. He watched my brother for months he knew where he ate, where he slept. He knew everything. Except he thought my baby was my brothers. Marcus waited patiently for a day to make his move and this day just so happened to be the same day I got out. We were having a family day outside on the porch. Listening to some music and barbecuing. Just spending quality time. This was the first time I got to see, touch and be with everyone at the same time. Mom was cooking, Bro was chilling and my baby was on his tricycle. This was the first time I seen my mom genuinely happy. I got a little thirsty, so I went in for some water. Suddenly, I heard gun shots And as I was running towards the door I could see my son and his mom being ran over in the street. He rode in the street out of panic from the shooting. she went to go get him but it was too late. The both of them were being dragged down the street under the car. He made a sharp turn that released their bodies but they were already gone. I don't even think he was trying to hurt them. It was a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. My mom and brother was on the porch shot to death and my son and his mom was in the middle of the street dead. Marcus saw me run out but he didn't know who I was so he left me to grieve. He went missing for a while. Haven't seen him since I was sixteen it was exactly a year before I met you. Now he's resurfacing I guess and is calling a war before I call one. Well if a war is what he wants I'm gonna give it to him. He's smart to know if I would have found out that he was back on the map that I would kill him. So we gonna move slow and steady I want his head for my whole family. I'm gonna ruin his life like he ruined mines. I'm going to leave for a minute call me a little later.

Tasha

We were sitting down watching a movie and my phone started to ring. It was the same unknown number that's been calling me I answered this time Hello! "Hi is this umm Tasha?" Yeah why who's asking? This is your mother. Ma! Saying that name felt like a gun shot to the heart. I couldn't believe my ears. This can't be. For some reason I wasn't mad at her and I was glad that she was okay. I'm not sure if that's good or bad but I wanna hear her out. "Tasha are you there baby? I just want to talk." Yes I'm here. "Where's your sister?" I don't know? "Can you meet with me tomorrow? please!" Ummm I don't know about that. If Aurine found out she might be upset. "I just want to see my baby. Just give me a chance to explain some things okay." Fine where? "At the Dunkin Donuts on eight mile at 2:00pm." See you then. Ary will try to kill her if I tell that I'm going to meet up with her. So I'm not going to.