CHAPTER EIGHTEEN-VANISHED

"How was that kit kat?" I asked Luke. "It would be better if mom let me take one once in a while." Luke said. "You can't steal Luke!" I said laughing a little. "Who cares!" Luke said. "It's not like anyone is gonna find out now." Luke said. "Yeah, I know." I said. "...You know that gun I had that one day..." Luke said. "Oh gosh, don't tell me that was stolen too." I said laughing. "...Well someone gave it to me. They said I would need it. And I guess they were right." Luke said. "Well, they certainly were. You did need it." I said. "... Do you think guns kill people still?" Luke asked. "Of course not..." I said. I thought about how just a week ago Luke and I had talked about how we felt about guns. I sure have changed a lot recently.

"You all can put your stuff over here." Becky said. "Just make sure not to get into my space." Becky said. "I'm pretty sure my people aren't gonna get in your 'space' Becky." Joe said. Becky rolled her eyes. "Hey, be thankful that I haven't kicked your asses out yet." Becky said to Joe. A few new people walked past the cell as John was showing them where to put their items. I looked up and saw that girl again. She smiled at me a little. I waved at her little. I figured that I should be nice to these new people. She took a step of the group and walked into the cell. "Hi, I'm Emma." Emma said. "Hi, I'm Aaron and this is my son Luke." I said to Emma. "Nice to meet you all. It's nice to see this many people again, it's just like the normal days." Emma said. "Yeah..." I said to her.

Why was Emma talking to us? Didn't she have a family? "...Well it was nice meeting you..." I said to her. "...Same here... Bye, I guess I will see you around sometime." Emma said as she walked out of the room. "I think I like the new people." Luke said. "Yeah... They seem nice." I said to Luke. "I wonder if there any kids my age..." Luke said. "Sorry to say, but I didn't see any. Looks like you're stuck with me." I said and laughed a little. Luke laughed a little. "Do you think that---" Luke started to say. But then we heard a loud noise. "What the hell." I said as I stood up and pulled out my gun. "Who did that!" I heard Becky yell. What if it was someone from the new group. What if we had made a mistake by letting them join us. "I'll be back Luke" I said as I ran out of the cell.

I walked out and saw everyone standing there. No one had weapons in their hands. Who did this? I walked over to Becky. "Where'd that come from?" I asked her. Becky held up her hand and pointed to the stairwell that Jackson was in. "No!" I yelled. "Jackson, whatever you're doing, stop it!" I yelled. I ran up the stairs to see blood all over the floor. "Jackson?" I said. I turned the corner and Julia's arm detached from her body. It looks like her arm was perfectly torn off. How did Jackson do this? Then I looked off to the side and saw a chainsaw that was coated in blood. "...Jackson!" I yelled. Where was he? How did he get out? I looked at the open window in the control room. "...Shit!" I said as I saw the bloody fingerprints smeared against the wall by the window. I looked out the window but didn't see a single trace of Jackson. He just vanished into thin air.

John ran up the steps and appeared in the doorway. "What the hell happened?!" John asked as he saw Julia on the ground. "...Shit happened..." I said to him. "We have to find him! We can't let him get away! He would harm our group when we least expect it!" John yelled. "I know! I'm trying to find him!" I said. Just then Becky ran in the room. "Holy damn..." Becky said as she examined Julia's detached arm. "How'd he do this! Why would he do this to Julia out of all people!" John said to me. "I'm not sure, but we can't let this happen again..." I said. Becky picked up Julia's arm. "I don't even know what to say..." Becky said. John Picked up Julia's body by the legs and I picked up Julia by the arms. We all walked downstairs in silence.

The first thing I saw when we got downstairs was Charlotte looking at me. She looked at me as soon as she saw Julia dead. Charlotte pushed Izzy behind her so she wouldn't see. I tried to open my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. I was absolutely speechless.