Don't Forget Me Yet: Prologue

Prologue

It was a beautiful day, gorgeous, as some would call it, but the actions that were withheld within that day were not beautiful. In fact, they still haunt me today.

We were on our honeymoon, a celebration of our holy benevolence. By "we" and "our", I mean me, Jason Fourtman, and my once- loving newlywed, Karliah Praencer. Our honeymoon was to the desert-like region of Palm Springs, California, from our humble wedding spot in Ireland. We were both from a small town in Virginia, Aptosson, and met in the miniature schoolhouse, particularly in Mr. Juner's second grade class. Later on, we both found that we had almost every possible thing in common, and fell in love just two months after our high school graduation. I was 18, she was 17. We decided to get married after five years of on-and-off dating, and we had the gold bands engraved with "eternal love" on the inside. Everything seemed perfect.

Until the honeymoon.

We traveled to a small village in Ireland for a small wedding ceremony. It wasn't just perfect, it was meant to be. Karliah and I were so crazy in love, we skipped the planned trip back to Aptosson and headed straight for Palm Springs.

That's when anything that could go wrong went wrong.