5

“Open up my eager eyes!” sang Harry who was following the song the radio was playing.

  I looked out the window to see the waves pile over the sand on the beach. As the waves crashed we both sang in unison, “Cause I’m Mr.Brightside!” The sun was high in the sky by now.

  I really feel the wind now that my windows down. Not just in the car, but in my life. No worries or sacrifices right now, just stupidity, and in my life where I’ve sacrificed peace of mind for insanity that won’t pay off until ten or fifth teen years from now, I need this.

  I don’t see Harry and I getting married or having anything after this really. I know this won’t last either, but I feel so alive. His smile reflecting from his laughter and the way he doesn’t feel the pressure of the world consumes me, and I don’t know if I can handle it. If in the future I’ll be able to look back on this and have my whole life undefined. Because I want a definition of some kind, a million or just one would do. You could always be no one, and everyone.

  “Wanna get wet?” He smiled with his radiating smile directed towards the parking lot we were turning into. “You know there are so many ways to get wet,” Harry said with a chuckle.

  I bumped him on the shoulder, “Pervert.”

  “Can’t blame a man”

  I laughed at his words, “A man?”

  “Come on Liv, can’t you see my attractiveness,” he said this with his confidence coming off of him like bees from a broken hive.

  I gave him a look as he turned off the engine.

  He looked back at me. Since the night I met him, I couldn’t stop identifying his eyes as clovers, innocent & wish granting. I just couldn’t stop imagining a fling. I began this unhealthy thought after he compared me to a kitten. So unpure I wanted to be with him.

  The clovers flashed to the dashboard and my eyes followed. “Wanna go see the ocean for a bit?” He asked.

  “Why not?”

  “That’s the best way of thinking.”

  We ran to the beach and spent the day running around in the sand. Harry stripped himself down to his boxers and I ripped off everything but my panties and bandeau before he grabbed me and dragged me down to the warm salty waters. I couldn’t help, but outline his butterfly in the middle of his chest, but that led to his muscles and collarbone. Which directed me to look at the clover.

  I felt his warmth run over me the instant I felt his warm lips kiss my neck. Hands going south and a small moan from me and we were out of the water and slamming into the car.