The Christmas ball

A/N 

Instead of the normal ending the anime had, I'll change it. I don't want to rip off the anime ending.

Maria stood in front of her father, who looked like he just came back from the grave. 

"Dad? Why do you look like you just died?" Maria asked. 

"Maria, honey, we need to talk." 

Chapter 15 

The Christmas Ball

"Time for preparations! Kyoya, did you rent the ballroom?!" Tamaki asked. 

"Hai." Kyoya answered, writing down the payment of the rent in his notebook. 

"I still can't believe the school has a ballroom." Haruhi sighed. 

"Huni! Do you have the sweets checklist?" Tamaki asked, pointing at Huni. 

"Hai!! Only the most delicious cakes and tarts!" Huni sparkled. 

"Mori! You got the foods checklist?! Including fancy tuna?" Tamaki asked. 

Mori grunted, holding up a list. 

"Twins! You got the decorations and suit designs ready?" Tamaki asked. 

"We got it, tono!" The twins replied, saluting. 

"This year's ball is going to be a wild one!" Tamaki grinned. 

Maria smiled. "I can't wait!" Maria then grabbed her bag, noticing a small container of pills and an inhaler in the bottom of it. Maria frowned. Right, she had to tell them. Not yet, not in this atmosphere. 

"Mom, did it really have to come to this?" Maria whispered, grabbing a notebook. She closed to her bag and placed a cheerful smile upon her face. 

"The school year is almost over, and we'll end it with a shining memory! I can't live this down!" Maria thought, sitting up. She opened the notebook and nodded. 

"Maria, do you have the special guest list?" Tamaki asked. 

"You mean the family list? Hai, I do." Maria recalled the feeling of puking when she wrote down Mr. Ootori on the list, but she knew he was a must invite. 

"Let the setting up begin!" Tamaki smiled happily. 

Maria stood in front of the mirror, straightening her dress. She did the last touches of her makeup, and nodded happily. Today was the big day, she needed to look perfect. She adjusted her silk white bow, and put on her heels. She was ready. 

Maria smiled happily, and nodded

Maria smiled happily, and nodded. She walked out of her room, to be greeted by her father. He looked tired, but his smile was just as bright. "Maria, you look beautiful." He grinned, taking her hand. "I'm sorry it had to come to this, but just so you know, if I could, I would find a loop hole. Just have fun, okay?" Her father kissed her hand as a gesture.