Prologue

NOT EDITED 😴

"Zia, listen to me and everything will be alright. Only do what I tell you ok?"

"Dada where's mommy?"

"She will be with you just listen to me. Go with Beta Jackson to the attic. Promise me you won't leave."

"I womise."

I remember so vividly of everything that happened right after my father told me to go with Beta Jackson. It wasn't my fault all of this happened. I was 4 and scared. I wanted my mother. So I went to her.

I didn't understand what was happening. One part of me thought that we were in danger the other part thought we were playing hide and seek with friends. I didn't know why I thought we were playing with friends. Friends are suppose to be of course friendly. Friends are people who hang out with each other and help each other with things. But the "friends" that were in my house weren't friendly. No, not at all.

"Zia listen to me. When I leave this closet promise me you won't come out."

"But wats happeni---"

"Shh Zia, always know that I love you so much and I will never leave you. Make sure you don't tell them anything. I know you don't understand now but you will understand when you are older ok?"

I understood what she meant by that now. I was so confused why she had said this, but now I understood. I understood everything. I wish I was never in this position. Now that I understood I was in more danger. My "friends" danger.

I didn't stay in the closet. I wish I did, I wish I hadn't seen what I saw. Why didn't I listen to my mother? It's pretty funny thinking how scared Beta Jackson would have been after I left the attic. When I left the attic was when my life changed. Not from my mother dying but from the problems I have put myself into by stepping out of that attic.

My mother's death was the worst punishment I had received. I stood they while watching her being slashed with silver claws. She died because of me. Because I so stupidly left the closet when she said not to. My mother should still be alive, not me. I was the one who didn't listen, I should be the one dead.

I guess 4 year old Zia did not "understand" what she was doing, or so what I was being told by everybody. But I knew exactly what I was doing. I just wasn't smart enough to noticed the consequences that I would face after what I did.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I could never remember who killed my mother. But I bet I would be able to spot that person in a crowd of thousands of people. The memory was so clear and it would never faded away.

I have so many questions. Questions that nobody will have the answer to except the person who killed my mother. Now you would think, why not ask my father? Well, I haven't had a full conversation with him since I was 15.

He wasn't there when I first shifted into my wolf. Nobody was except Beta Jackson. He was the only person that I knew who knew what I was. He felt like a father to me after my mother died. My father went to mourn his ass off and forgot he had a daughter that witnessed the death of her own mother and his wife.

He basically forgot about me after the death of my mother. I can't even call him father anymore. He wasn't there for me. For the 18 years that my mother was dead, it was like he never had a child. But I'm perfectly fine with what he did. I don't give a fuck about what he did. I have my own life and he has his.

I don't live with him anymore. I don't even think he pack knows where I am. But yet again I don't give a fuck. I live in a small house with a friend of mine. Well, a person I live with that would tell Beta Jackson if I was in trouble or some shit like that.

"Zia?" My roommate Whitney said as she puts her bags down.

"Yurp."

"These are for you." She says handing me three letters

First letter is a fucking Optimum letter. I swear they keep sending me this but I been left them. Second letter is bills , I'll deal with that later . Third letter is ... oh my lord does Beta Jackson not know how to use his phone?

The third letter was a letter from him. I swear I wasted all my time teaching him how to use his phone but yet he doesn't even use it. Wow.

As I open the letter I read :

Dear Zia ,
You must come to the pack house as fast as your can. This is urgent .. like you have to leave now.
From Jackson :)

I swear , Jackson is the kind to tell you something important but always has to add something to sound "humorous".

"You know what's up?" I ask Whitney since she has been to the pack house recently .

"Not really , but might have to do with all this trouble the pack is receiving."

"You coming?"

"Of course , you know I love the juicy shit that happens in the pack"

"My lord Whitney.." I say as we both leave to get to the pack house.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey Lovelies! This is basically the first chapter of my story. Comment down what you think about it!! I really like how I started the book and if you do have any questions or just want to say something you can always comment.

That's basically all I have to say. Lol.

See ya later Lovelies! ♥

Ali out ✌✌